TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll: Love or hate your front plate bracket on refresh MS

Discussion in 'Model S' started by T3SLA90D, Jan 21, 2017.

Tags:
?

If you have a refresh Tesla model S, what did you do with the integrated license plate bracket?

1. I hated it and I removed it with no noticeable bumper damage/glue residue

42 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. I hated it and I removed it, but with visible bumper damage/glue residue

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. I hated it but kept it because I am afraid of damaging the bumper

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. I hate it it but kept it because I live in a state that requires front license plates

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. I loved it and did not remove it

10 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

i guess ohio doesn't have the speed traps that TX has... :) I agree this needs to be used cautiously, but it's really impressive.
    Here's a video link when it was installed on my last car:

2. T3SLA90D

T3SLA90D Member

Thank you all for your feedback. So I decided to try and remove it today. I've had my car for 7 weeks now. I removed the front screws and pulled the bracket away from the underlying plastic piece and examined the condition of the bumper and I found out that the paint/top coat is slightly scratched where the edges of the bracket come in touch with it. This might have resulted from the bracket vibrating against it while driving on the highway.
    I guess this might have been prevented had I removed it right after delivery. Something to think about for future owners.

• Informative x 1