Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Model 3 Front

Which front end would you prefer on your Model 3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I've heard so far either people love the front of the current Model 3 or they don't and hope that the final look will be different.
So I'm starting this poll to see what most people would prefer on there own car get a general sense of what the majority prefer...

Attachments

• Current Look.JPG
    Current Look.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 365
  • 2016_tesla_model_s_new_front.jpg
    2016_tesla_model_s_new_front.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
My first choice is the current look. Second choice is the nose cone. But I hate what they did to the X with the mustache and am dissappointed they are doing it to the S as well. Honestly if I'd put money down based on the prototype of the X (with the nose cone) then saw the production version with the mustache, I would've asked for my money back.

• Disagree
Reactions: Michel3
But I hate what they did to the X with the mustache and am dissappointed they are doing it to the S as well. Honestly if I'd put money down based on the prototype of the X (with the nose cone) then saw the production version with the mustache, I would've asked for my money back.
Really that would be a deal breaker for you ? what if they end up changing the M3 from prototype to have it similar than the current X would that still be a deal breaker? or would you go with it as a second choice?

From what I've heard so far either people love the front of the current Model 3 or they don't and hope that the final look will be different.
So I'm starting this poll to see what most people would prefer on there own car get a general sense of what the majority prefer...

I would like to see the Model 3 with the same front emblem (between the headlights) as the Model S. Kind of like my other car with no front grill.

Attachments

• front emblem.jpg
    front emblem.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 267
Really that would be a deal breaker for you ? what if they end up changing the M3 from prototype to have it similar than the current X would that still be a deal breaker? or would you go with it as a second choice?
Not quite but I really hope they don't. I saw the mockup with the mustache on the 3, and it doesn't look QUITE as bad as on the X. But it's still the ugliest of the options I've seen. But considering the nose cone was the most memorable design feature on the S and on the X prototype, switching that for a vastly different option after people had put money down on the X was shocking to me. The first time I saw it my reaction was "What the hell did they do to it? And why?"
If I agreed to go on a date based on a picture of a girl I saw online, and then she shows up with a giant face tattoo, I'd have the same reaction. It was my first and only moment of doubt in Musk's judgement so far. Well... that and the gullwing doors.

The mustache just looks like such a last minute afterthought. And keeps reminding me of a cheap crossover SUV but I can't think of which one at the moment. I'm bummed they're doing it to the S as well, but I guess when people are paying 100k for a car, it can't look the same as the model 5 years ago... People might not know you have the newest kind of car!

Well I think the front needs some tweaking but the Model S/X mustache isn't the way to go either, imo...
Hmmm interesting comment... So what did you have in mind? Like anything you would like to see in the front (maybe use another car so we can get an idea...)
I don't think they would want to change it so that it completely different than how the others look. Because for 1 they'll need to keep that brand image just like other manufacturers are doing, and 2nd based on the time constraints they have they'll probably not spend too much time on that and go with something they know that works... So to me if they decide to change it, it make more sense to go the easy way and duplicate what's on the S and X...
But having said that the head lights are different on this car and maybe the current model X look wouldn't work well on it... Who knows...

Hmmm interesting comment... So what did you have in mind? Like anything you would like to see in the front (maybe use another car so we can get an idea...)
I don't think they would want to change it so that it completely different than how the others look. Because for 1 they'll need to keep that brand image just like other manufacturers are doing, and 2nd based on the time constraints they have they'll probably not spend too much time on that and go with something they know that works... So to me if they decide to change it, it make more sense to go the easy way and duplicate what's on the S and X...
But having said that the head lights are different on this car and maybe the current model X look wouldn't work well on it... Who knows...

I rather like some of the renders people have posted here. Somewhat Porsche-like but I agree they don't need to be sure to maintain a unique look to some degree.

Team "Similar to Model X and model S" is loosing lol...I was hoping to get at least a hundred but I have a feeling it would be the same results... I wonder what it would be like if the public did not have access to see were the majority was before voting...