Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Model 3 Front

Which front end would you prefer on your Model 3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is always this option, as they did with the S 2014 Saleen Tesla Model S Foursixteen

Based on the numbers I see I think it's still a considerable amount of people not wanting the current look and I think the Saleen look is a great compromise...but that's just my opinion however I'm curious what would be the percentage of people choosing the Saleen look over the current look... I'll work on that later...

Last edited:
The front of the 3 has significant impact on it's drag coefficient—that thingy they want to get down to 0.21. While I was not a fan at first, the styling of the 3 at the unveiling has grown on me. The same is true for the X (and now S) too. I trust Elon et al. to do their best to meet the mark and design a beautiful, fun, functional car for me.

Reactions: Jayc
Yah I'm curious to see what they'll end up in production... Apparently Musk says engineering fixes will be done between 6-8 weeks... So from the sound of it the car is mostly ready to go and the rest will be more software, tooling and get ready for mass production...
Basically I looks like they might end up with the current look...

goldenGate_model3_whiteStdTrim_mockup_v001.jpg
From this look the front end doesn't look soo bad...

Tsk. Sorry, but I can't vote for either. I wish the poll also included a third option to simply taper and blend the blank placeholder for a grill into the hood and body:

3_best_lg.jpg

NO need to advertise a "missing" grill... and I dislike sinister, pencil-line moustaches.

The 2 looks listed above are the most likely outcome for a final look... I understand your point... But if one of these 2 look get release what would be your decision? Would that stop you from getting the car?

The 2 looks listed above are the most likely outcome for a final look... I understand your point... But if one of these 2 look get release what would be your decision? Would that stop you from getting the car?

Well... if push comes to shove, I'd rather go with the faux grille than the Snidely Whiplash moustache. I would be disappointed, but... heck... it's not as if I chose my LEAF for its head-turning looks, either.

I only posted the suggestion with the hope that Tesla might consider it, especially if a majority of reservation holders shared that preference. NOT holding my breath that it's going to happen, however.

[QUOTE="Yanquetino, post: 1546263, member: 669] ... heck... it's not as if I chose my LEAF for its head-turning looks, either.
.[/QUOTE]

If you can buy a leaf you'll be OK with whatever Tesla offers...
To me The point of Tesla is to build compelling electric car, the first thing someone else will see when I drive the car is the outside most likely the front... I'm sure they'll be amazed at what the car can do but if they the get turned off by the front of the car they won't even be interested in finding more about the car...
Like the Roadster and the model S get people turning their heads just when you drive next to them even the model X with the door closed... But with that much controversy around the model 3 I fear people might turn there heads for the wrong reason...

Last edited:
That... is not a very good pohotoshop job. The license plate looks way bigger than it actually is, and it would be positioned a little higher up in the middle of the snout.

Not to mention the brightness levels are way off so it stands out and looks unnatural.

Hi eisbock
really sorry for this very very bad photoshop job, but it wasn't my objective and it wasn't photoshop too. I only tried to show the impact, which I find negative, of the french license plate. For me, the design of the front face doesn't support this "additional aluminum piece"
This is only my opinion of course
In Europe we have a lot of problems with the front plate :)
ferrari.png
lotus.jpg