Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Model 3 Options, what will you spend your money on?

What options will you spend your money on?

• AWD

Votes: 307 64.8%
  • Performance AWD (Ludicrous Speed Upgrade)

Votes: 117 24.7%
  • Interior Upgrade Package (Leather, etc.)

Votes: 239 50.4%
  • Upgraded Wheels

Votes: 91 19.2%
  • Premium Paint (Three-Stage colors or Matte Finish options)

Votes: 147 31.0%
  • Larger Battery

Votes: 402 84.8%
  • Glass Panel Roof

Votes: 249 52.5%
  • Smart Air Suspension

Votes: 170 35.9%
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package

Votes: 163 34.4%
  • Other (Please write in a reply)

Votes: 77 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do like these wheels

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-05-07-17-42.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-05-07-17-42.png
    627 KB · Views: 89
AWD and max battery (300 miles, real life range) are mandatories. Also HUD very much needed (have in my car now for years, could not live without it).

One other thing - All autopilot related features must be easily switched off permanently, I'm driving my car!

Definitely a larger battery & autopilot.

Beyond that, I don't care too much. I might decide to go full mid-life crisis and get a top line model when it gets closer to ordering time. Especially if I think it would help in getting the full federal rebate.

My "Other" includes a tech package - like the HUD. I have no interest in leather.

I'd want an upgraded sound system, but not "Ludicrous Sound". As long as I can have my SiriusXM and a good Bluetooth environment to hook into my phones, I'm good.

In order of what i want most and with keeping the sale price around 45k i will get the following:

1) Auto pilot
2) Awd
3) Super charging access (if we have to pay for it)
4) Tech package (if they have one)
5) Larger battery
6) Any other visual changes (roof, paint, wheels etc...)

I look at it like this. I want to spend my money on what makes Tesla great and in my opinion its about the advancements in technology, and thus, i will pay for that first. I would love to have that whole list for around 45k, but i could do without the larger battery if that's what is pushing the scales towards 50.

I would go with AWD (I live in NJ where winter conditions can get bad), larger battery, panoramic roof. Depending on whether I qualify for the tax incentive would determine if I get any luxury upgrades (leather seats, wheels etc)!

Here's a closer picture of the wheels Chrisuk83. No doubt these are upgraded aero wheels.
View attachment 170771
I wonder how much range will be added with those wheels. If I remember correctly, the aero wheels for the model S, it was ~3%. 3% of 215 is 6 miles. That would put a base Model 3 (Rwd 224 miles) very close to the Model 70 (rwd 230 miles) with very similar performance. I would definitely upgrade to those wheels.

This question has probably been answered before...but how does the HiFi sounds package compare to the standard sound in the Model S? It will probably be similar equipment in the Model 3?

The HiFi sound is currently on my list of "wants" not "needs". My wife and I like to listen to music in the car...but we aren't audiophiles by any means. Also need to keep the wifey happy with the total purchase price, so if I can shave off some $$$ here and there that would be something I would cut.

Right now I want to dedicate my options $ to AWD, Larger Battery, and Autopilot.

Want to make a bet on that?

Here are my estimates:

Base $ 35,000.00
Supercharging $ 1,500
Paint $ 1,000.00
Larger battery $ 7,500.00
AWD $ 4,000.00
Wheels $ 2,500.00
Auto-Pilot $ 2,500.00
Leather Seats $ 2,000.00
Premium Interior $ 2,500.00
Panoramic Roof $ 1,500.00
Fancy trim (Carbon fiber) $ 750.00
HiFi $ 2,000.00
Sub-Zero $ 1,000.00
Peformance $ 10,000.00
Ludicrous $ 5,000.00
Smart Air Suspension $ 2,500.00
Carbon Fiber Spoiler $ 1,000.00
Grand total: $82,250.00 (pre tax and delivery fees)

Maybe I didn't discount some of the options enough, but surely we are going to easily go past $55k.

This is just crazy. Yes I will bet you a fully loaded 3 that my estimate is closer.