TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

POLL: Model 3 Options, what will you spend your money on?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by PTADO, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
?

What options will you spend your money on?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2017.
  1. AWD

307 vote(s)
    64.8%
  2. Performance AWD (Ludicrous Speed Upgrade)

117 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Interior Upgrade Package (Leather, etc.)

239 vote(s)
    50.4%
  4. Upgraded Wheels

91 vote(s)
    19.2%
  5. Premium Paint (Three-Stage colors or Matte Finish options)

147 vote(s)
    31.0%
  6. Larger Battery

402 vote(s)
    84.8%
  7. Glass Panel Roof

249 vote(s)
    52.5%
  8. Smart Air Suspension

170 vote(s)
    35.9%
  9. Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package

163 vote(s)
    34.4%
  10. Other (Please write in a reply)

77 vote(s)
    16.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chrisuk83

Chrisuk83 Member

I do like these wheels

Attached Files:

2. 1208

1208 Active Member

Here's a closer picture of the wheels Chrisuk83. No doubt these are upgraded aero wheels.
    aero.png

• Like x 2
  3. marcmailer

marcmailer Member

You must add auto pilot to the poll
    I would add vegan seats, bigger batteries, autopilot

4. 1208

1208 Active Member

Not just seats but vegan interior, apparently the S and X had leather steering wheel, someone will have to check that though.

5. Smokkelaar

Smokkelaar Member

i miss the option: tow hitch? :)

6. mistermonty705

Oh no. I hope someone can confirm this ASAP

7. uuz3

uuz3 Member

AWD and max battery (300 miles, real life range) are mandatories. Also HUD very much needed (have in my car now for years, could not live without it).

One other thing - All autopilot related features must be easily switched off permanently, I'm driving my car!

8. Chrisuk83

Chrisuk83 Member

At first I thought they were just 5 spokes but the wheel is nearly filled all the way in. Nice

9. PeteW

PeteW Member

AWD, Autopilot convenience and potentially supercharging access depending on what the deal is with that.

10. garsh

garsh Re Member

Definitely a larger battery & autopilot.

Beyond that, I don't care too much. I might decide to go full mid-life crisis and get a top line model when it gets closer to ordering time. Especially if I think it would help in getting the full federal rebate.

11. djplong

djplong Member

My "Other" includes a tech package - like the HUD. I have no interest in leather.

I'd want an upgraded sound system, but not "Ludicrous Sound". As long as I can have my SiriusXM and a good Bluetooth environment to hook into my phones, I'm good.

12. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

My Other: winter package with heated seats all around and heated steering wheel. Will be second/commuter to my X so range and towing are not a priority.

13. MB30

MB30 Member

In order of what i want most and with keeping the sale price around 45k i will get the following:

1) Auto pilot
    2) Awd
    3) Super charging access (if we have to pay for it)
    4) Tech package (if they have one)
    5) Larger battery
    6) Any other visual changes (roof, paint, wheels etc...)

I look at it like this. I want to spend my money on what makes Tesla great and in my opinion its about the advancements in technology, and thus, i will pay for that first. I would love to have that whole list for around 45k, but i could do without the larger battery if that's what is pushing the scales towards 50.

14. realtycoon

realtycoon Member

I would personally like to see bundled "Trim Levels" or "Packaged options", similar to how Honda and Toyota do it, in addition to a pay per option model.

• Like x 1
  15. qqstormus2

qqstormus2 Member

If I could have the option the have unplugged performance work directly with Tesla and get an aggressive body kit to match performance upgrades (I'm thinking BMW M3 body vs 3-series) that would one of my options as well.

16. crown

crown New Member

I would go with AWD (I live in NJ where winter conditions can get bad), larger battery, panoramic roof. Depending on whether I qualify for the tax incentive would determine if I get any luxury upgrades (leather seats, wheels etc)!

17. ljbad4life

ljbad4life Member

I wonder how much range will be added with those wheels. If I remember correctly, the aero wheels for the model S, it was ~3%. 3% of 215 is 6 miles. That would put a base Model 3 (Rwd 224 miles) very close to the Model 70 (rwd 230 miles) with very similar performance. I would definitely upgrade to those wheels.

18. wilhelmspencer

wilhelmspencer Model 3 Reserved 3/31/16 In Store 10:20 PST

This question has probably been answered before...but how does the HiFi sounds package compare to the standard sound in the Model S? It will probably be similar equipment in the Model 3?

The HiFi sound is currently on my list of "wants" not "needs". My wife and I like to listen to music in the car...but we aren't audiophiles by any means. Also need to keep the wifey happy with the total purchase price, so if I can shave off some $$$ here and there that would be something I would cut.

Right now I want to dedicate my options $ to AWD, Larger Battery, and Autopilot.

19. DrManhattan

DrManhattan Member

This is just crazy. Yes I will bet you a fully loaded 3 that my estimate is closer.

20. JoRey

JoRey Current Volt Owner, Aspiring Model III Owner

All i want is
    Panoramic Sun Roof,
    Metallic Blue< Sig Red or Dark Green
    Autopilot 2.0