Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll. Model Y vs Cybertrk

Which will be the better "Sport" "Utiltiy" Vechicle.

• Y

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Cybertrk / I canceled Y preorder for Cybertrk

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
I'm a Model 3 owner.

My wife has a Honda and we were looking to change to SUV in about 2 years. So she would have an SUV and i'd have my sporty 3.I did not plan on getting a cybertrk, we were in the talks of a model Y, but even I was not that excited about it nor cared to put a deposit down.

When i first saw the release of the cybertrk, i went WTF is that....and then I looked at the specs.... and the angles don't appear to be that bad and no one really gives a damn about what a truck looks like anyway...plus the fact that it looks to be "SHOPPING CART" proof sold me. I thought that sledge hammer test was amazing. They should've rammed a shopping cart. That would've gone viral too!

So after 1hr of thinking and getting over it's new design I preordered after thinking how much more Utility it has. Apparently, the only downside to me is that it's a bit bigger than what i'm used to!

Overall i'm now excited about our next vehicle and plan on giving her my 3 and driving this beast.
I also feel this thing is better than the Y in almost every way if you can wait out for it (and have room for it).

Do you guys feel the same?

Reactions: LoPro
My wife and I had intentions to buy a Model Y for our daughter to drive when it became available; it's design doesn't do much for me, but we have loved our Tesla ownership experiences and wanted to do something electric. But after seeing the Cybertruck, we've decided to order the truck and are pretty excited. Looks like a moon vehicle!

How it sells compared to the Y will be very interesting once they are both in volume production.

The prices are about the same, version by version, and the Cybertruck is roomier and obviously more capable, but harder to fit in places and rather radical.

I’m not at all sure how it will settle out, but I’ll be interested to see.

I'm so looking forward to the Model Y. Looking to have it in red with the 3rd row seating. Sure, we don't use it at all with our Model X however, want the option.
Performance with 3.5 seconds in red is only 280 rated range miles. For $3,900 more the CT has a 500 mile rated range at 2.9. It's going to be difficult to consider the Model Y if the truck offers so much more range.

How it sells compared to the Y will be very interesting once they are both in volume production.

The prices are about the same, version by version, and the Cybertruck is roomier and obviously more capable, but harder to fit in places and rather radical.

I’m not at all sure how it will settle out, but I’ll be interested to see.
one thing is for sure. The Cybertruck won't need a garage. it will survive a nuclear blast.

Reactions: 1375mlm