Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: New England Meetup - What and Where?

New England Meetup - What and Where?

• Catered food at the Dedham Store

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Dragway in Epping,NH to drag race against each other

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Seminar to convert your town to alternative energy

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Landing strip in Maine where we can check our top speed

• Supercharger caravan to Canada

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What hotel and what did you do up there. We have never been.

we stayed just across the river in Longueuil. Hotel Le Dauphin has 2 HPWCs they can turn on for guests of the hotel.

The hotel itself is walking distance to the yellow line of the Metro system. We used that to go into the city and didn't drive the Tesla until it was time to leave.

We did some sightseeing, and some eating and drinking. The old seaport area is fun if the weather is nice, and Chinatown had some great food too.

Thanks! Ill have to look it up. Any memorable restaurants?
we stayed just across the river in Longueuil. Hotel Le Dauphin has 2 HPWCs they can turn on for guests of the hotel.

The hotel itself is walking distance to the yellow line of the Metro system. We used that to go into the city and didn't drive the Tesla until it was time to leave.

We did some sightseeing, and some eating and drinking. The old seaport area is fun if the weather is nice, and Chinatown had some great food too.
!

Heh - we're staying at the Sandman - literally across an alley from that very Metro station. Planning on using the Brossard supercharger since it appears to be in a mall.

Heh - we're staying at the Sandman - literally across an alley from that very Metro station. Planning on using the Brossard supercharger since it appears to be in a mall.

I had charged in Burlington on the way up, so I was still at around 30% when we got to the hotel. Before we went into the city for the day, I asked the hotel to turn on the HPWC, then I adjusted the amperage in the car to make sure I wasn't hogging the charger while not charging half the day.

Car got to 80% about 20 minutes before we got back to the hotel and the next morning, we headed out. Worked out nicely.

Plus, it was Victoria/National Patriots' Day up there when we drove back, so I didn't know what would or wouldn't be open in the mall area that morning on the way out of town.

I've done 2 Tesla trips to Montreal. Last June I charged at the Burlington SC to around 100% on the way up. That was enough to make it to Montreal and back to the Plattsburgh SC the next day. After charging, we took the ferry across to VT, then headed down to NH.

Last weekend I charged at Burlington on the way up and arrived at Montreal with ~25%. On the way home I charged at Brossard and Burlington.

Health Living Market and Cafe (at the Burlington SC) has a good selection of VT microbrews (including Sip of Sunshine and Heady Topper) and a nice cafe/sandwich bar.

Brossard is easy to get to (10/30 interchange). The Nav system will get you right there, the Google Maps location is accurate. Take the garage entrance next to the Urban Planet store (see the Google Maps street view). You will see the chargers to your left as you go down the ramp. The garage is supposedly open 24/7; I saw no signs of any gates. When you exit the garage, turn left, go past the American Eagle Outfitters, and take a left at the stop sign just past the pedestrian garage entrance. That will take you to a traffic light where you can make a left to get to 30 West (if you want to get to A15/I87/NY) or a right to get to 10 East, if you want to take the A35/I89/VT route.

With the recent A35 southern extension, I89/133/A35/A10 is probably the fastest route, but they're all pretty close. You can also take route 2 up the center of the lake between South Hero and Alburg (a nice sunny day drive), or get off I89 at exit 21 (Swanton, VT), and take 78 to Alburg. From Alburg, follow Rt 2 west over the bridge to cross into NY. After the bridge, take a right to cross into Canada at Rouses Point, NY, or a left to follow Rt 11 to I87 north to A15N.

The ferries across the lake are also a nice sunny day trip - Lake Champlain Ferries

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jtpassat