TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll: No confirmation NoA this week?

Discussion in 'Autonomous Vehicles' started by dckiwi, Mar 12, 2019.

?

Will the 3/15 release include full NoA (no confirmations required?)

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    80.4%
  1. rnortman

rnortman Member

This is exactly what they should do, ethically speaking. But they are a business, and being ethical in this case might bankrupt them. They have no choice but to claim that they never sold what they sold and hope the lawsuits don't hurt them too badly.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

3. dckiwi

dckiwi Member

Turns out I should have added a third option to this poll - "Lol there isn't going to be a March 15th release".......

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

What the heck is NoA???? Why not just spell things out???

5. CaliMS

CaliMS Member

Navigate on Autopilot ;)

• Like x 1
  6. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

So, does anyone have a screenshot of the full original description of EAP? Another brewing controversy is when people who bought FSD get HW3 and all of the common features (those that are a part of the old EAP and the new FSD) work better on the HW3 cars. I’d be interested in seeing what the actual full description of EAP was when they first rolled it out.

7. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Post #28 shows the original EAP description

8. anthonyj

anthonyj Jim, no response?

So wtf, another delay for Advanced Summon and NoA? I’m very bothered by this even as a P85D owner and investor. Can’t imagine what you guys feel like. Still love Tesla though...

• Like x 2
  9. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Elon promised nothing. Just tweeted that the new software was SCHEDULED to come out on the 15th.

10. anthonyj

anthonyj Jim, no response?

In Jan 2017 he said 3 months maybe, 6 months definitely for an FSD feature to be released. Then he says 6 weeks in November 2018. Then he says March 15th. Lol.

11. electronblue

electronblue Member

Elon also tweeted AP1 Navigate to exit-ramp ”8.1” would be coming around the end of December 2016.

We are still waiting for that one too.

• Funny x 2
  12. electronblue

electronblue Member

#52 electronblue, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:18 PM
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 2:24 PM
    Look. The people who still take Musk’s tweets seriously are one of two classes of people:

1) Those who haven’t followed him long enough (closely enough).
    2) Those who have but whose PTSD (Post Tesla Stress Disorder) has made them forget.

Many people simply don’t remember how much Tesla started missing their promises already in 2014-2016 because they were still under the spell back then. The lighted vanity mirrors retrofit is a miss from 2012!

Looking at Tesla’s word realistically comes with time.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  13. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

Thanks! Don't know how I missed that. So, I'm doubling down on my prediction that the features originally promised for EAP will not work properly without a hardware upgrade. Tesla won't give us the upgrade, so EAP will essentially just become Expensive Autopilot.

• Like x 1
  14. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Member

Must be those pesky regulators holding it up!

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. rnortman

rnortman Member

By "hardware upgrade" do you mean HW3? Because I think the features originally promised for EAP won't work properly even with HW3. They don't have an adequate sensor suite. HW3 will help make it more responsive and accurate, but fundamentally the sensor suite is the problem. And then there's what they originally promised for FSD, which is even more of a stretch.

That said, I believe that what they're currently promising for FSD can probably -- or at least maybe -- be delivered on HW2.x. That says more about what they're currently promising than about the HW2 capabilities.

16. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

Ha! At this point, I'd probably be happy to get on my AP2.5 P3 what Elon originally promised for AP 1 in 2014. I'd pay $2000 just to get the freaking nags removed. Anyone remember "hands free on ramp to offramp"? Still waiting on that.

• Like x 2