Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Official Tesla Motors Club (TMC) T-Shirt. Which version would you want?

Which version of the Official TMC tshirt would you want? (PLEASE VOTE ONLY IF INTERESTED)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Danny - FWIW, I don't appreciate a spam thread like this to be pushed to my alerts. Making this post to:
1. notify you of my thoughts, and
2. hopefully now be able to unwatch it.
  1. I think it was smart to make it so you got notified - it is a very general topic for all readers of TMC and that was about the only way to have gotten the message across
  2. You can ALWAYS unwatch a threads: there is button labeled "Unwatch" at the top right of every thread (in this case, under the Poll box).

I'm trying to get my head around why so many seem to think that the word member appearing on the shirt is somehow tacky or they have a great deal of disdain for that. Is it simply because as one other person had mentioned that it would be assumed one wouldn't wear the T-shirt unless they were a member of the club? Personally I don't find the word member to be a problem at all but I guess I'm in the minority as usual.

In any case as I said when they come available I'll be a buyer for at least two.

I'm trying to get my head around why so many seem to think that the word member appearing on the shirt is somehow tacky or they have a great deal of disdain for that. Is it simply because as one other person had mentioned that it would be assumed one wouldn't wear the T-shirt unless they were a member of the club? Personally I don't find the word member to be a problem at all but I guess I'm in the minority as usual.
I think I understand both feelings/perspectives on this, and have appreciated the feedback. For our part, as TMC is a free to join online (club) community, we as administrators don't really think about being a TMC member as an exclusive sort of thing, but rather just recognition of a user being part of a community that they take part in and help make what it is. But I do understand that the word "Member" typically is associated with clubs that have a barrier to entry, and therefore can come across as tacky or pretentious.

I too appreciate the heads up. I also agree with getting rid of the 'member', better be careful using that saying in this day and age 😆

BTW, is there a way to find new threads? What's new pulls up new posts, as does new posts, then media pulls up new media but I don't see a way to find new threads anymore. On the old layout I would use 'new threads' daily to find stuff I wanted to follow.

Last edited:
I think I understand both feelings/perspectives on this, and have appreciated the feedback. For our part, as TMC is a free to join online (club) community, we as administrators don't really think about being a TMC member as an exclusive sort of thing, but rather just recognition of a user being part of a community that they take part in and help make what it is. But I do understand that the word "Member" typically is associated with clubs that have a barrier to entry, and therefore can come across as tacky or pretentious.

I don't think of it as an exclusive thing either. More like the word isn't really needed since the logo is on there. If I see someone in a red shirt with a bullseye and tan slacks at Target I'm gonna assume they work there. It doesn't really need to say "Employee". The folks who want member on there are probably the type who wear socks with their sandals. Lol kidding..sometimes you just gotta grab the groceries.

Reactions: Ferengii

In any case as I said when they come available I'll be a buyer for at least two.
It’s repetitive. If you have the tshirt you are obviously a member. No need to prance it about like Don Quixote.

I'd love to wear a Tesla T-shirt, but very likely won't buy one of these, because, like most t-shirts for sale, they only come in S-M-L, while I wear XLT. I understand that it's too expensive to sell shirts in all body sizes, but there you go.

If you ever so sell a shirt in XLT, I'll be all in.

I will assume this is a joke? The logo is TMC with the Tesla arc/point in their dagger (really a cross section of an electric motor).
Aha! So there is some credence to my panel gap (conspiracy) theory! ;) Honestly, though, I'm surprised too. I thought it was the Tesla logo changed up a bit to fit TMC as well.

Wow, if that male model is really 6'2", 200 pounds, and that's only a medium, you guys have returned to good 'ole US of A sizing, circa 1980! 'Course in Texas, they'd refer to that as a "Texas Small." I'm 6'2" and 190 pounds (have been for yeeeeeears) and haven't been able to wear a medium since Reagan was in office.

I will assume this is a joke? The logo is TMC with the Tesla arc/point in their dagger (really a cross section of an electric motor).
No, not a joke. :p

To be clear, it is not a Tesla logo widened to show T M C, as you had suggested.

Lol, it's the Tesla logo widened to show T M C.