Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on the Nosecone Debate

Do you like the Model X nose and want to see it on all Tesla cars?

• Yes love it

Votes: 52 30.1%
  • It's OK, but better than the Model S

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Neutral, both are OK, or no opinion

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • Don't like the Model X nose, the Model S nose is marginally better

Votes: 40 23.1%
  • Hate the Model X nose, almost anything would be better

Votes: 18 10.4%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oldsmobile was actually GM's best brand. Too bad they let it fail. And that concept car looks like Tesla copied it. :rolleyes:

GM would be smart to clone that puppy and bring it out today as a BEV.

I'd take one in a Heartbeat. . . No wait, that was Chevrolet's campaign.;)

I've sworn off GM since they tried to fleece me when I asked about a Volt four years ago.
Saving pennies for a Model 3. Soon. Soon.

Love the topic... I am a nosecone fan ! The most forward protruding part of the car is a piece of replaceable plastic ? Umm ya, sign me up.

But I did vote that I'm fine with both designs.

As for the Oldsmobile that was too much of a WOW for me, not that I'm still up on all the prototypes but the resemblance was too much so I went digging and found this:
2011 Olds Aurora - Motor Trend The Artist's Loft Forum

It was a contest entry to revive the dead brand, and the design was based on the Model S ;)

Reactions: EcoHeliGuy
As for the Oldsmobile that was too much of a WOW for me, not that I'm still up on all the prototypes but the resemblance was too much so I went digging and found this:

It was a contest entry to revive the dead brand, and the design was based on the Model S ;)
Great sleuthing. It just goes to show you that nothing on the Internet is what it appears to be.

I suspect if GM did use this design they would get sued big time so nothing really gained by the artist, other than to confirm the elegance of the Model S.

Love the topic... I am a nosecone fan ! The most forward protruding part of the car is a piece of replaceable plastic ? Umm ya, sign me up.

But I did vote that I'm fine with both designs.

Ha ha I thought it was looking like a bad photoshop job, wheel well dimenstions didnt look right, and the rest looked very Model S Alpha like

I suspect if GM did use this design they would get sued big time so nothing really gained by the artist, other than to confirm the elegance of the Model S.

Definitely "borrowed", (as admitted by the gentlemen) but just a "who nose" what it might look like sans cone. ;)
I get a hint of Cayenne myself.
I do like the utility of the nose cone on the Model S
Who nose.jpg

I think the model 3 nose also incorporates the hood/bonnet and the fact that the hood/bonnet doesn't "overhang" the bumper makes it seem bigger.
Most likely done to improve drag, but I'm still not sure I like it... Also where does the water around the hood/bonnet go?