Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, and if we want it to improve, we have to be a bunch of folks that don't like the change and then provide loads of criticism that Tesla can use to thusly improve it. If we don't say how we want it improved and they don't hear it- how does it get improved?

Now if only we had a place to voice our concerns and grievances... where could we possibly assemble in public so that Tesla could freely read and take in said criticism?

Stop telling grievous users with valid criticism not to post in a forum dedicated to the ideal of such a task. Sheesh. ;-)
Why do the relentless complainers always feel the need to dramatically exaggerate everything in order to justify their feedback. :)

I didn’t tell anyone to not post their feedback, like you suggested I did.
In fact, I even said it needed improvement.
I suggested you be patient. I also think much of the feedback I’ve read here, would suggest change and adapting is not their strong suit. Is it yours ?

Touch the music icon.

They would like you to use the voice command 🤣

Why do the relentless complainers always feel the need to dramatically exaggerate everything in order to justify their feedback. :)

I didn’t tell anyone to not post their feedback, like you suggested I did.
In fact, I even said it needed improvement.
I suggested you be patient. I also think much of the feedback I’ve read here, would suggest change and adapting is not their strong suit. Is it yours ?
As it read, the implication was assuredly that people stop complaining and be patient for them to improve things on their own. Customer feedback would help facilitate this, do you disagree? Being patient and doing nothing is a poor way to instil change.

For that matter, yes change is a strong suit of mine. I thrive on it and anyone that knows me understands this quite well, I have no fear in that. This is not about change, and it's a shame you bull-headedly do not understand this.

Actually, what have you contributed to this conversation other than an attempt to stifle the conversation? I don't understand your efforts. :-/

Last edited:
And there used to be an indicator at the top of the main screen showing whether the car has cellular connectivity or not. Of course v11 removed that indication.
I miss having those top bar indicators as well. I see no good reason to have the map in that top 1/4 inch of screen. It would be better to just have a gray bar that gets populated with status indicators.

I miss having those top bar indicators as well. I see no good reason to have the map in that top 1/4 inch of screen. It would be better to just have a gray bar that gets populated with status indicators.
Another quality of buttons existing on the top of the display- even though they were small it was very easy to accurately tap by placing your hand on the top of the screen to stabilize and using your thumb. No one needed that extra map space, it made perfect sense to have these buttons and functions there. More indication that the designers are not often enough driving these cars, or at least not on actual roads.

After using v11 for a couple days now I do like it, but I keep thinking how great it could have been with just a few tweaks. I think the organization is good, but I would definitely like to have the option to put more icons in the bottom tray. Why is this limited to 4 and only some features?

If we could put anything we like here it would allow us to have one-click access to whatever features we find most important. So my number 1 suggestion for Tesla if they are listening is to allow greater customization in the icon bar.

Another quality of buttons existing on the top of the display- even though they were small it was very easy to accurately tap by placing your hand on the top of the screen to stabilize and using your thumb. No one needed that extra map space, it made perfect sense to have these buttons and functions there. More indication that the designers are not often enough driving these cars, or at least not on actual roads.
Agreed. I believe their thinking was to go for a “less cluttered” look, but the map looks no less cluttered than icons to me.

I hope they bring them back.

Frankly I am appalled with V11. The blind spot camera is good, though I think it would have been better if the left camera was shown on the left of the screen and the right camera on the right side of the screen.

Other than that, I see no benefits and a lot of serious problems by the increased difficulty of accessing critical functions -- controls that may be needed when driving.

As someone said, it was probably designed by someone at a desk. Probably some young kid not rich enough to drive a car like this so has no idea how it really should work.

Reactions: rmh9 and pilotSteve
There's a difference between change that addresses a problem and change just for change sake. IMO this is the latter and the change is worse than what preceded it. I suggest that a high percentage of people that own a Tesla and an even higher percentage of people in TMC fora are pretty comfortable with change generally.

The blind spot camera is good, though I think it would have been better if the left camera was shown on the left of the screen and the right camera on the right side of the screen.
I used the blind spot camera for a day or two, and I agree that it would be good to have better positioning. Since my hand is in front of the left lower edge, I'd much rather them both either be only in the lower right corner, or the left blind spot camera appear at the start of the map-zone.

TBH, I disabled the blind spot camera tonight. Its not really useful at night because the top half of the camera view is catching the flasher itself, leading to a really obnoxious flashing on my screen. I'll just turn my head like the old days for now.

Where is the Tire Pressure info in V11? I've looked but did not find. It must be in some place illogical.
Car icon followed by 'Service'. The PSI will appear around the car, but if you haven't been driving, those psi's will be utterly BLANK, not --- as was shown before, so you won't know where to look for PSI if you haven't been driving!

Tire Pressure and Windshield Wiper buried deeper than before. This needs to be fixed, horrible idea.
This X a kajillion. Terrible idea to make controls disappear on an update. At least give the option to put them back if the user wants.

Also, sentry mode is still active in my garage at home even though I have ‘Exclude Home’ toggled. C’mon, Elon. This is bush league stuff.

Frankly I am appalled with V11. The blind spot camera is good, though I think it would have been better if the left camera was shown on the left of the screen and the right camera on the right side of the screen.

Other than that, I see no benefits and a lot of serious problems by the increased difficulty of accessing critical functions -- controls that may be needed when driving.

As someone said, it was probably designed by someone at a desk. Probably some young kid not rich enough to drive a car like this so has no idea how it really should work.
I 100% guarantee you it was designed by a team every member of which drives a Tesla every day.

Reactions: Silicon Desert