Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That just gets you fan controls. Tthen you have to click again to get the seat heater controls. I fiddle with seat heat a lot as I drive.
Not sure I am misreading your post, but to adjust the seat heaters has added just one extra tap: tap the temperature to bring up environment controls and then tap the seat icon to adjust the level. Are you experiencing something different?

In general, I find this better as before the icons/controls were so close together, I was frequently hitting the wrong thing. I feel I have better control this way (albeit with one additional tap).

Reactions: Ohmster
Why do we even need three speed-meters at the top of the screen? I get why there's a speedometer(doh!), I understand that the speed limit is useful, but I'm not so sure the speed with the MAX below it has any real value. Its presumably the desired speed when on autopilot or TACC, but does anyone really care about that value?
Yes: I do

Not arguing with you, just offering some insights

- Wipers is hidden in the little car menu, it was already a nuisance to find the wipers function and now its buried.
I have always accessed the wipers controls by tapping the button at the end of the left stalk (triggering a single wipe) and this still works. To me this was always the best way as it was something one could do without taking your eyes off the road

- The Defrost button is also buried, requires you to enable the climate causing temperature changes, it's not in the little car menu like the wipers defying consistency & logic.
- Heated seats is also buried, wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to enable Climate Controls causing compressors/fans to spool just to heat my seat a little in the morning.
You can access the climate controls by tapping the NUMBER (the temperature). That brings up the controls without changing temps. Personally I am finding I am making LESS mis-taps with the icons now further apart. YMMV

Reactions: superblast
This is a massive UX failure from a company that has prioritized UX. Moving features users access all the time (e.g. seat heater controls) into the bowels of the interface where you have to click a narrow control to see the status and change a setting. Removing the ability to minimize a display (e.g. Music) from the bottom icon. Horrible design experience. I am very upset about this update and wish I could revert.

Ian

This is one thing that annoys me in my Model Y. As you mention, it is typical in Winter to have the heat directed towards the feet and/or the windshield, but in my Model Y the majority of the airflow seems to be directly our the dash vents with only a tiny portion directed at the feet. The only way I can get it to direct the heat mostly to my feet is to manually press the feet button, which of course turns of Auto.

Is there any way to run the climate control in Auto mode and direct the heated air toward my feet?
Yes: take it out of auto mode, direct the air flow where you want it, then turn auto back on. At least that always worked pre-V.11 - I haven't tested since the update.

But you can no longer SEE if the seat heaters are ON or OFF without opening such displays. For all we know, the last passenger turned that seat on earlier before getting out, and it's now cooking away without us even knowing to turn it off.
Exactly. My son had his heat seat on when we went for a drive and didn't turn it off. Then, my wife and I go for a drive and she's wondering why her seat is cooking her. Yep, my son left the heat on, and had to go in to see that.

Not arguing with you, just offering some insights

I have always accessed the wipers controls by tapping the button at the end of the left stalk (triggering a single wipe) and this still works. To me this was always the best way as it was something one could do without taking your eyes off the road

You can access the climate controls by tapping the NUMBER (the temperature). That brings up the controls without changing temps. Personally I am finding I am making LESS mis-taps with the icons now further apart. YMMV
True but it also turns on the HVAC, which you have to turn off after adjusting the seat heater(s); likewise; with the old interface, I could glance at the screen to determine my front seat passenger left their seat heater on and turn it off (normally no need to heat the seat with no one sitting there).

No it doesn't work. The full menu appears for me.
Are you getting this screen? The seat controls are right there and I am finding that I am mis-tapping far less than under V.10

0A2E5D4C-19A7-496D-BC41-1E0DA00BF6CB.jpeg

… with the old interface, I could glance at the screen to determine my front seat passenger left their seat heater on and turn it off (normally no need to heat the seat with no one sitting there).
Just a guess here, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the new auto mode seat heater detects presence of passenger in order to activate.

Yes, I'm getting this big screen. I was taking about the "mini temperature screen" that appears when you click on plus or minus. It's quasi impossible to make it appear without changing temperature.
It's not very intuitive but if you click on the temp and drag up, you will see the mini status screen. It's not great though because the buttons are very close together and would be difficult to adjust while driving

• Informative
Reactions: PatP
The more I drive it, the more I hate it
The more I drive, the more I hate it

Stupid and shaven nerds, go back to playing with your computers and leave the cars alone

The more I use it the more I feel like it was designed on a PC screen. Almost everything seems as it wasn't designed to be used in a car in movement. Even some parts of the screen such as the "car icon menu" that needs to be accessed so often is not visible as the steering wheels is hiding it.

It's not very intuitive but if you click on the temp and drag up, you will see the mini status screen. It's not great though because the buttons are very close together and would be difficult to adjust while driving

Yeah, I've been able to make it appear a couple of times. Most of the time the temp. changes and I need to revert it back. Needs way too much precision for a moving vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: rmh9 and jsmay311