Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4. The clock, temperature, and passenger airbag status still remain on the top of the map (I guess they will be taken away in next year's holiday update). I wonder why they don't' have a small 1/4 inch strip along the top of the map that's got a solid background (no map). It would be easier to read the clock and temperature because there wouldn't be roads right under them. It would also be a good place to put back some status icons (status of dashcam recording, status of heated seats, warning icons, etc.)
Oh, like this?
1640828221721.png

Amazing. Your whole experience is the screen. Well, to each his own.
The screen is the gate keeper to the car. It's like having a fabulous doctor with a terrible front office staff. If you can't get past the staff the fabulous doctor can't help you.

I love the car. Absolutely love the car. The speed, the handling, the quiet, "filling the tank" in my own driveway. But I can't use the car without the screen. If they're going to fork the screen then I'm going to look elsewhere for my next vehicle.
When we got our first Teslas in ‘17, voice command was crap. The little icon/thingy would spin forever and then kick out. And when it did take input, it recognized nor acted on almost no commands. It got better. Way better. When we sold them in October, VC was stunningly accurate. Even saying things ‘improperly’ hardly phased it for me. I have a slight Canadian accent still.

Take this for what it is worth to you. I neither have V11 nor any Tesla vehicle currently. Soon to be remedied hopefully.
I have bad news for you.

Actually the tire pressure voice activation does work...but you have to say "show service settings" to see it. Like all things voice activated the list is a treasure hunt at best...
I really like treasure hunts, and many of the games that have them going back as far as the original Myst and its sequels to the more modern The Room and its parts. But I really do not appreciate a game or a treasure hunt looking for controls to operate my car. Ever. And knowing Tesla’s design head came from Facebook, well, I shudder to think what excitement that bodes for me.

I am a lover of change when the changes make sense. I tried really hard to like this update, but I'm having trouble finding anything that this new version does better than the old version.

I do like that we can now manually tune the subwoofer, the blind spot cameras are a good idea, the current speed seems to be easier to see in my peripheral, and the ability to make the left (vehicle status) screen full-screen is cool (especially for those of us with FSD beta), but those things could have happened on the old version.

My biggest gripes are:

1. The removal of the top right corner icons (sentry, dashcam, homelink, lte/wifi)
2. The removal of the trip and tire pressure cards
3. The thin, tiny font used for street names on the map (I have better than 20/20 vision and have a difficult time reading them while driving)
4. The removal of the media player button that brings up the currently-playing media window/bar. [Now you have to tap a source icon (streaming, radio, Spotify, etc.) twice to bring up the little media bar at the bottom of the map, whereas before you could just tap the media icon and it would bring up the media window to whatever size (full, half, bottom bar) you had it before] The current Model S with v11 has a setting to automatically display the current media while driving, but the Model 3 and Y do not for some reason. Maybe an oversight?

I wish there was a way that we could provide constructive criticism and feature requests directly to Tesla other than tweeting at Elon and hoping he sees it.

This version is definitely laying the foundation for bigger changes to come. Hopefully the next updates address some of our issues.

You nailed my big ones. I gave the 3 to my wife a year ago to daily drive, and as frustrating as these are to me she’s not happy at all.

FSD is still a ways off so we can’t say it will make all this easier to tolerate.

I really like treasure hunts, and many of the games that have them going back as far as the original Myst and its sequels to the more modern The Room and its parts. But I really do not appreciate a game or a treasure hunt looking for controls to operate my car. Ever. And knowing Tesla’s design head came from Facebook, well, I shudder to think what excitement that bodes for me.
They need to hire some ergonomics experts instead of game developers and mediocre UX people.

For those that thinks voice command is ok for critical functions such as wiper settings, would you be ok if Tesla one day disables the window buttons and say you can only operate them using voice commands? How about turn signals?
And if you don't want to use voice for using the turn signal, they got your back --- put the function into a submenu.

But voice isn't the only way to turn on the wipers. In fact, you can trigger it with one of the very few mechanical buttons in the car.
Agreed, but things like window defroster and dash cam doesn't have physical button, so only way to activate is to take eyes off the road. It used to be a quick glance, but now both require you to look at screen to make sure you hit at least two buttons on 2 different screens.

Also, who's to say that Tesla won't remove stalks and buttons on Model 3/Y likes they have on S and X?

After trying the new software update, I think it is a mixed bag. I appreciate the the option to use the rear facing side cameras to to see the blind spot when signaling for a turn. However, I can't seem to receive a call through the vehicle'e speaker system even when not driving. Also, it isn't clear to me how to automatically save the last 10 minutes of video. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Good question. I assumed he felt the seat and it was hot, but maybe just the indicator was showing as on?

Was the unoccupied seat actually warm to the touch?
yes.. it was.. I just had this today.. the seat was turned on yesterday.. and it was still on and hot today without anyone in it. I saw the indicator by accident when I was digging around for something else.

This is the last Tesla update I will install voluntarily without reading about it first. My bad, I know.

I'm also pretty sure my next car will not be a Tesla. The car drives fairly well and is efficient, but interacting with it has just been a dog's breakfast during my period of ownership. They are not the only game in town anymore and I don't need to pay to be abused again. We don't need no stinkin' PR dept!

There's just too much pressure from Elon to get the FSD swindle working for them to spend the necessary effort to even approach a minimum usability status. Frankly, it's just a fail that keeps getting more painful with each new release. Who really needs this mess time after time?

Time to give the legacy automakers a chance now that they're catching up on the tech, since Tesla has not been able to achieve any meaningful quality or usability benchmarks during its period of dominance, and really doesn't seem that interested in persuing them either...

Last edited: