Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it actually have that view though? It seems like cars near the blind spots are the ones most likely to blip in and out of existence on the visualization.
Well most cars only have ultrasonic sensors back there and they can show a blind spot warning pretty reliably. With the rear and rear side cams plus ML I would expect Teslas to be able to do better even if the cars aren't visualized perfectly.

Some kind of a "there's something there" indicator on top of its guess about the actual position of the car would be good. The distance lines it shows don't really convey that IMO.

Àa
Well most cars only have ultrasonic sensors back there and they can show a blind spot warning pretty reliably. With the rear and rear side cams plus ML I would expect Teslas to be able to do better even if the cars aren't visualized perfectly.

Some kind of a "there's something there" indicator on top of its guess about the actual position of the car would be good. The distance lines it shows don't really convey that IMO.
A top down composite of all cameras might help.

Reactions: navguy12
Honestly, the Tesla UI development is a total s#% show.

Just installed 2022.12.1. Ok, I can add defogger/defroster, rear defogger, seat warmer and wheel warmer to the launch pad! But, before you all start jumping up and down out of abundant joy:
- the 4 icons limitation is there. So, if you want defogger/defroster, rear defogger, seat warmer, phone, radio…. Anything more and you are out of luck. But you have plenty of unused space to admire.
- Only driver seat warmer is available. If you have passengers - tough luck. You need to turn on the HVAC for that.
- the passenger seat sensor is ignored. So, in split mode you have two controls whether you have passenger or not.
- you would expect to press the “…” sign and the list of apps to include the new functions, right? Yeah, too rational. You have to start editing the launchpad in order to see the new commands and be able to drag them.
- having the defogger/defroster on the launchpad should allow you to turn them on/off by just pressing the icon, right? Nah, too rational! The icon does change to blue/red but does not turn on the HVAC! Why do I have that launchpad shortcut if I still need to go through the HVAC menu?!
Whatever those folks are smoking must be illegal. Pot is not that potent.

1649491959999.jpeg

Just installed 2022.12.1. Ok, I can add defogger/defroster, rear defogger, seat warmer and wheel warmer to the launch pad! But, before you all start jumping up and down out of abundant joy:
aw man. What were they thinking? I want quick controls as much as the next guy but the bottom bar is the wrong place for them. And now they'll be even less likely to implement a proper static configurable control panel because they'll have to go back on the changes they've made here. This is worse than not having any quick controls.

Reactions: Boza
Okay, now it's been long enough that they should have made the easy fixes, like more icons and returning things to the top of the screen.
Looks like the next release will have more apps available (like seat heaters) for the launch bar but still only four total.

- the 4 icons limitation is there. So, if you want defogger/defroster, rear defogger, seat warmer, phone, radio…. Anything more and you are out of luck. But you have plenty of unused space to admire.
- Only driver seat warmer is available. If you have passengers - tough luck. You need to turn on the HVAC for that.
- the passenger seat sensor is ignored. So, in split mode you have two controls whether you have passenger or not.
- you would expect to press the “…” sign and the list of apps to include the new functions, right? Yeah, too rational. You have to start editing the launchpad in order to see the new commands and be able to drag them.
- having the defogger/defroster on the launchpad should allow you to turn them on/off by just pressing the icon, right? Nah, too rational! The icon does change to blue/red but does not turn on the HVAC! Why do I have that launchpad shortcut if I still need to go through the HVAC menu?!
Whatever those folks are smoking must be illegal. Pot is not that potent.

View attachment 791696

Any love for the wiper controls? Eg can you pin an icon that will open the pop up?

Edit: just watched the video. Can’t wait for the update.

Looks like the wiper icon is a choice.

Great to have a lot of stuff back. Too bad the right seat heat icon is missing. The main issue I have is being able to see status at a glance for the front passenger seat.

But almost close enough for me to jump from v10 into the pool. Just going to wait a bit for the bugs to surface, if any.