Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kind of understand not including a quick control for the passenger. They aren't driving, so they're not gonna kill anybody having to look down and pop open a menu for controlling their heater.

But they are going to turn on and open the HVAC controls, and then reach toward the driver to close that screen. That's assuming they know how to do all of that.

Much easier to tell my passenger about that one single button at the bottom.

Great to have a lot of stuff back. Too bad the right seat heat icon is missing. The main issue I have is being able to see status at a glance for the front passenger seat.
I kind of understand not including a quick control for the passenger. They aren't driving, so they're not gonna kill anybody having to look down and pop open a menu for controlling their heater.
"I kind of understand not including a quick control for the passenger."

Because it would be so hard to include it, right? 😂
they are going to turn on and open the HVAC controls, and then reach toward the driver to close that screen. That's assuming they know how to do all of that.

On both our Y and S, adding the left seat heater adds control and status icon next to the temp for both driver and passenger.

It must be hard to include because we never had it before, right??

Well... before, they were in fixed positions, which in itself conveyed information (one on the left and one on the right).

Now that they're "customizable", they're ambiguous... which one is for the driver and which for the passenger? Maybe this was just too insurmountable a problem for the current team to solve, LOL.

I don't actually have the update yet, so perhaps I'll really appreciate it - but after 4 months (and most of winter) without these important controls, anything less than fantastic is not good enough. Losing patience.

they are going to turn on and open the HVAC controls, and then reach toward the driver to close that screen. That's assuming they know how to do all of that.

Well... before, they were in fixed positions, which in itself conveyed information (one on the left and one on the right).

Now that they're "customizable", they're ambiguous... which one is for the driver and which for the passenger? Maybe this was just too insurmountable a problem for the current team to solve, LOL.

I don't actually have the update yet, so perhaps I'll really appreciate it - but after 4 months (and most of winter) without these important controls, anything less than fantastic is not good enough. Losing patience.
Wait for it. It’s pretty good. At least where the seat heater controls are concerned.

Reactions: navguy12 and OxBrew
[2022.12.1] Does the seat heater icon show the current heating level?
Just installed it, and yes, the icon shows the current level and lets you change it with a tap, as in the past. Yay.

The front window defrost icon doesn't do anything unless the HVAC is on, apparently.

I find that pushing in the left stalk button is better for bringing up the wipers control—no need to find the icon on the screen.

So, baby steps.

I find that pushing in the left stalk button is better for bringing up the wipers control—no need to find the icon on the screen.
After using the new app icon, I wish to take that back. It somehow feels better to tap the icon then choose the mode rather than push the button and choose. Also, my wife (aka "Wiper Police Lady") can control it from the passenger seat.

I wanted more icons, but the launchbar is pretty full now. Note both driver and passenger seat-heat controls.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 1.15.31 PM.jpg

That works if the windshield is wet, but if the thing you're trying to do is turn off/reduce the frequency, tapping the stalk is rather counterproductive and could potentially scrape the windshield.
  1. If your windshield is dry, the need to access the wiper controls is nil (or on the very rare occurrence you may need to, tapping the screen is not some huge inconvenience)
  2. An occasional swipe of the wipers on a dry windshield is not going to scratch your windshield. If you were driving in a sandstorm, putting your wipers on high would cause damage, but once in a while in normal circumstances is not going to cause damage.
Stop the FUD

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc