Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL - Reason you got your MX

TOP 2 (two) reasons you got ur MX

• Better for environment

• Tech, OTHER than AP

• Saving money vs gasoline/diesel

• AP specifically

• Status

• Performance

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, first time poster, picked up my new/old 2018 75D a couple of weeks ago, but my options were limited: it’s the only EV available (now) that can tow 5000lbs and come anywhere close to the cargo space of the ginormous SUV it replaced, and I am SO sick of dealing with fuel/engines!

Hey guys, first time poster, picked up my new/old 2018 75D a couple of weeks ago, but my options were limited: it’s the only EV available (now) that can tow 5000lbs and come anywhere close to the cargo space of the ginormous SUV it replaced, and I am SO sick of dealing with fuel/engines!
You'll love it man! Or woman.

But keep in mind your range will suffer ALOT. And with smaller battery it's already smaller.

Good luck. Also be mindful of which superchargers have the front trailer friendly pull in.

It's an awesome vehicle!

A deer tried to mate with our "traditional" 3-row SUV... didn't end well for either the deer OR the SUV.

Couldn't imagine buying another gasoline vehicle - so we went all-electric a few years earlier than planned... The Model X specifically because it's a unicorn - it was the only 3-row SUV available. (Model Y 7-seater wasn't available yet, and time was NOT on our side.)

My reason for Other: I really wanted an SUV to haul around the family, I wanted it to be EV to save maintenance costs and be more environmentally friendly, and I wanted a fast sporty vehicle (Performance). The Model X to me solved the requirements I was looking for in 3 vehicles.

Finally, I also think the MX is really unique in the Auto world. There is nothing else like it, in terms of unique features, performance, seating, and utility. I think it will be popular for many years to come.

Welcome! Same reason I got my MX and ditched my Tahoe. It's an amazing vehicle, even with the quirks. Also, just down south of you in Oly!

Model X is the most capable vehicle produces (until CyberTruck comes out)
Fast
Safe
Seats up to 7
Smooth adjustable air suspension
Quiet long distance tourer
Vista windshield
Falcon wing doors...great for baby seats
Tows up to 5,000 lbs.
Best off road (not rock crawling)
Long range
Can fart and dance :)

I moved up from a Model 3 because I liked the ingress/egress of the MX better. No regrets.
Agreed! It's MUCH easier to get in especially for bigger folks. I'm 6,3. I had Model S And it was difficult. 3 same. Y better but no as good as X.

Also the FWD, are a some regarding in/out/baby's eats.

Model X is the most capable vehicle produces (until CyberTruck comes out)
Fast
Safe
Seats up to 7
Smooth adjustable air suspension
Quiet long distance tourer
Vista windshield
Falcon wing doors...great for baby seats
Tows up to 5,000 lbs.
Best off road (not rock crawling)
Long range
Can fart and dance :)

Couldn't agree more.
Besides everything tesla, the MX specifically with the towing, FWD cool and comfort factor, Vista windshield and off road. I feel horribly cramped in any other car now without the huge windshield.

The reasons people reserved the first model X's in 2015, when the viability of the company was in no way assured and even owning an electric vehicle of any kind made a statement all by itself, are possibly very different reasons from those who bought their X's nowadays when there is no longer any good reason to make interest free loans to a billionaire (Signature model anyone?) and the car actually has to be a good value proposition and compete in an increasingly crowded electric SUV market. It's still the best overall (that supercharging network!) , don't get me wrong. And if this or that feature aligns perfectly with your expected needs, then who is to say this 'luxury' vehicle isn't an actual bargain for the price. But the days of just gambling on cool tech because you're a retired engineer with way too much time and money on your hands and these snazzy new space cars are the only EV's that perfectly scratch your mid life crisis itch, well, I think the user base is diversifying somewhat now. So many different reasons!