Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] Refreshed 2021 Model S: Best Interior Color/Decor?

Best Interior Color for 2021 Refreshed Model S?

• All Black w/Ebony Decor

• White and Black w/Walnut Decor

• Cream w/Walnut Decor

• None of these, they all kinda suck

Results are only viewable after voting.

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
For those saying 'Eh, they all kinda suck', what would you rather see in their place?

First, I do not like dark headliners, so i would want the choice to get a light-colored one like in my current Model S (2015).

Second, I do not like the limited choices. We should be able to mix and match the upholstery, wood and headliner to our own preference, as we could in 2015. What is that so hard?

Third, I'd like more choice in wood, including some non-wood treatments (such as carbon fiber) for the dash areas.

Plus, I would like more upholstery choices -- tan or gray come to mind. (Love my gray leather.)

Reactions: FutureShock

FutureShock

Aug 30, 2017
NorCal
IMO, a black interior is like sitting in a cave. The white is too white. I find the cream is more relaxing to the eye.

It’s funny that the voting is so close.

+1. Would’ve thought All Black would win by a country mile, but looks like it’s not quite as popular as it used to be.

Last edited:

Tforme

Mar 30, 2017
Spring Lake Fl
All of the interiors are black. Different color seat upholstery, half door cards, and lower dash trim isn’t a different color interior.

All Tesla’s have black headliner, black dash pad, black steering column, black steering wheel, black carpet, black seat frame covers, black door sills, black seat backs, etc, etc. Tesla refuses to do upscale color matched interiors. And they all look cheap because of it.

Ofarlig

Mar 4, 2018
Sweden
I had a 1999 blue with beige 9-3 convertible, loved that car. :D

Haha, my parents drove us around in a dark green mettalic 1994 SAAB 9000 with beige interior in the mid 90s. Great car though.

Beige was very in during the 90s so I guess that's why I'm biased against it these days.

FutureShock

Aug 30, 2017
NorCal
I’m starting to lean towards Cream... that White is spectacular, but also so bright that I could see it being distracting, especially in very sunny conditions.

TravelFree

Mar 23, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
I'm not liking anything about the new S interior, except they have door pockets now.

My S has the cream interior and we love it's look. Would never have all black due to the solar heat living in the south. All white is too blinding but given the choice, we will take white over the black for our My purchase this year. If it is too annoying, there are 3rd party options.

I sure am glad we bought our 2020 and if I had delayed I would be looking for a used 2020 this year.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC