TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll- Res holders, would you have made the deposit if $1000?

Discussion in 'Cybertruck: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Salil Bhatnagar, Nov 28, 2019.

?

Would you have made the deposit if it was $1000?

1. Yes

134 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. No

46 vote(s)
    22.3%
  3. I would have waited till I saw them on the road to decide.

26 vote(s)
    12.6%
  1. Salil Bhatnagar

Salil Bhatnagar def_func

I would have done it even if $1k. I was looking to buy an all-wheel drive family vehicle and decided on the Cybertruck because it's way out there and I'm ready for a change in the way how cars and trucks look.

• Like x 2
  2. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

The real question for people on this forum is: Would you have made multiple reservations if it were $1k?

• Like x 2
  3. keeney

keeney Member

If refundable, no problem.
    If non-refundable, much different story.

• Like x 2
  4. Shocker

Shocker Member

$1000 if within 6 months of production, just like Chevy did with the new Corvette. By then one is pretty sure about what one is getting as mules and preproduction cars will be running around. 2+ years away, $100.

5. rocketdallas

rocketdallas Member

I would have continued to order as we have done. Our first Tesla required a $5000 deposit and later with the second, I think it was $1000 (don't remember exactly). But I think the low $100 reservation deposit means maybe half of the total reservations thus far may not convert to actual purchase. I hope I'm wrong, however. It would be great to see more people embrace electric vehicles.

• Like x 1
  6. T3slaDad

T3slaDad Member

Definitely! We cancelled our Y reservation for the Cybertruck - it's got way more utility. Will be testing the idea of charging the 3 from the truck's 220v while simultaneously towing to charge through regen! (That part not really)

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. mspohr

mspohr Well-Known Member

The truck is compelling on so many levels (price, functionality, etc.) that I would have reserved regardless of deposit amount.

• Like x 3
  8. Electruck

Electruck Member

Oh yes, and we're looking at getting a tri in addition to the DM. Hotcakes I tell you.....

9. Cyber_Dav

Cyber_Dav Member

I reserved a Rivian R1T for $1,000 prior to the Cybrtrk reveal, so yeah, I would.

• Like x 1
  10. bnsfengineer

bnsfengineer Member

Well did you cancel it? The Rivian deposit?

• Like x 1
  11. Cyber_Dav

Cyber_Dav Member

No. Rivian and Tesla compete as long range load hauling EVs, but they are not the same.

My avatar is a Rivian on the Rivian forums. :p

• Like x 1
  12. chphilo

chphilo Member

Rivian's good looking truck. I just couldn't handle 4.6 foot bed.

13. M_D129

M_D129 Member

Expected up to $2500 to reserve and was prepared to pay. Wouldn’t have held multiple as I am, but still would’ve kept 1.

14. Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212 Member

I only have one reservations and was fully prepared to drop $2500. I have been waiting for this truck for so long, I have sworn off buying anything but the CyberTruck as my next vehicle.

15. Seven7

Seven7 Member

Yes, I thought it was going to be a $2,500 deposit, but I would also be ready to pay the whole thing up front including sales tax if I thought I would get it five minuets faster. :)

Tri motor with FSD RN1127494xx

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. LJS22

LJS22 Active Member

I wouldn’t have felt compelled to pre order it at $1000. I think you could have waited closer to production for that, but at $100 it puts a lot of uncertainty into how soon you can get one. Even if only half the reservations go through with order then it could be a while before you can buy one and have it delivered in a reasonable timeframe.
    How long will it take to produce 100k of these trucks?

17. cybertruck_fan

I was expecting to pay $1,000 for the reservation and would have paid more. I have been thinking that another nice option would be to pay for the vehicle in advance of delivery even if it is with a monthly installment.

18. Cyber_Dav

Cyber_Dav Member

The Founders Series Semi is $200,000. The reservation amount is $200,000.

I bet they have fewer reservations than for the Cybertruck! (<that's an attempt at humor) :eek:

19. Maxstorz

Maxstorz Member

I placed a deposit of 1000$ for my Model 3 March 31st 2016 and took delivery April 15th 2019

I would have had no problem do the same thing again

• Like x 1
  20. Kurt'sX

Kurt'sX Member

Im good with the $100 deposit.....I placed a $2500 deposit on my Model X and waited nearly 21/2 years for delivery. Havent regretted one minute as I love the car, but boy, that wait is the worst! Now Im excited all over again and I want my truck NOW!! :)

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1