Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - Should Gen3 be two separate models?

Should Gen3 have two separate models Model3/Model4

• Yes - Two models

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No - One model is fine

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is plausible, but we will have to see. It definitely won't be as roomy as a Model X, and I don't think three across the back is going to be comfortable. It also depends on whether that 20% is a volume reduction, or a 20% reduction in footprint.

Here is the thing, I have only owned my car for about a month and met several other owners at a supercharger, at a service center, and recently at my home. Universally, they all love the car but the owners of the 60 kwh vehicles have on more than one occasion said, "mine is only/just the 60".

But on the other hand, I'm [truthfully] telling my co-workers that I bought a used low-end 60 kWh because I don't want them thinking I can drop a hundred grand on a car. That "60" on the back allows me to play it down. The Tesla brand in itself says premium luxury at a high price. But I don't want to be seen or treated differently just because I have the only Tesla in the parking lot. And trust me -- the multicoat red definitely stands out and makes a statement!

Of course if you are not satisfied unless you scream "look at me" there are many things you can do aftermarket. Pimpmobile anyone?? :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more!

But on the other hand, I'm [truthfully] telling my co-workers that I bought a used low-end 60 kWh because I don't want them thinking I can drop a hundred grand on a car. That "60" on the back allows me to play it down. The Tesla brand in itself says premium luxury at a high price. But I don't want to be seen or treated differently just because I have the only Tesla in the parking lot. And trust me -- the multicoat red definitely stands out and makes a statement!

I hear you, this was my EXACT feeling at one time. I hoped to buy a used P85 for a reasonable price because the last thing I wanted was people thinking I dropped $100k on a car. Now, I simply explain, it cost $5,600.00 (and four years) for stock options on tsla, we sold some of the options and bought the car.

In the end, the P85 was the choice for me, and for one single reason: I want electric cars to be seen as cool and gain mass acceptance. Buying the P85 was putting my money where my mouth was. Like you, owning it is out of my personal comfort zone. Though I can easily afford to own it...it's not my nature.

This is also the reason I started the poll....