Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: should I add stripes like this?

Do you like or hate the black stripe?

• Like it - do it!

• Hate it - don't do it!

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla stripe final.png
I'm thinking of adding black vinyl side stripes, which I've tried to simulate crudely using Microsoft Paint. BTW the original pic is someone else's car, I think I got it from this forum and saved it before taking delivery of my own red 70D.

View attachment 181528 I'm thinking of adding black vinyl side stripes, which I've tried to simulate crudely using Microsoft Paint. BTW the original pic is someone else's car, I think I got it from this forum and saved it before taking delivery of my own red 70D.

You'll most likely get answers from both sides...some yes and some no. I'd say go for it if you like it. I'm assuming its your car, enjoy it as you see fit...

You should totally do what makes you happy. Everyone is going to have their opinions but it's your opinion that should count above all since you're spending it for yourself and no one else, right?

While I was looking for my S, I spent countless weeks on this site looking at customizing options and ran across something I had never heard of before - vinyl wraps for cars. It completely hooked me and I ended up getting a matte purple for my Tesla. Every day, I get compliments on it and it makes my Tesla that much more special now that I am seeing many more Teslas in my area. If you're looking to stand out or just be different, a wrap is the way to go and it's not permanent - change it anytime you feel like (and can afford it and the time away from your baby:)).

Ultimately, do what makes you happy and enjoy your Tesla!
The Official Vinyl Wrap Color Thread

This is just me talking--

Enhancements like this sometimes are done subliminally to "stand out" from the crowd. I think this is pretty much human nature. Some of us are happy in the background, while others enjoy the popularity. Likely it is how we are wired.

Personally, at this time driving a Tesla by itself stands out from the crowd. To me adding this striping would be gilding the lily.

But if it what you want, hey, go for it!

You might be craving the darkened rocker panels of the pre-facelifted model S.

Have a look at the side of S before the new nose came out.

Maybe you can photoshop your stripe lower, to where it once was? A vinyl strip along there would be functional as well, keeping the paint chipping down from road debris and rocks kicked up from the front wheels.