Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Should jbcarioca be reinstated?

Should jbcarioca be reinstated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Longstanding member in good order has been disbarred from this forum. I, for one, feel his / her contributions were generally of an exceptionally high quality and very helpful. What do you think?

1656332905894.png

Please vote:

View attachment 821697

I doubt they "disbarred" him. More likely he got fed up with the antics and asked to have his account removed. We were fortunate to get him back in the last time he bowed out over some criticism by other members.

His content was much appreciated.

I doubt they "disbarred" him. More likely he got fed up with the antics and asked to have his account removed. We were fortunate to get him back in the last time he bowed out over some criticism by other members.

His content was much appreciated.
His leaving would be a great loss to this forum. His posts were always informative, reasoned, illuminating. A shame if true.

People that can't handle criticism don't offer anything to me. They should stay away. I want my investment ideas to be sharp, if I disagree and am wrong, I want to be corrected, whether it is my idea, reasons, or conclusion. Similarly, if others have ideas, reasons, or conclusions I disagree with, I want to dialogue with them in order to help or sharpen my own stuff. That is how I (we) advance. If someone is weak willed and can't handle such things, they should not bring such things forth to a public forum.

As far as banishments: Ain't my forum, ain't my rules. Anyone with concerns about those terms should make sure to keep valued writings apart from here so they can be accessed later. I'm glad I did this years ago, took my own stuff to a "blog".

I've never met an online friend IRL so they (you) are really all imaginary to me. Full story not there, much like a fantasy. Easy come, easy go.

OK, I lie. I met one person unintentionally at an industry event. He was an a whole.

The people that are on here the most----> I tend to picture them along the lines of [fat guy on computer meme].

As far as dislikes??? Ah, I recall someone saying if some things don't fail you aren't trying enough.
Wow. Now this is the type of post that should be filtered out by moderation. And my reply is welcome to be deleted when the trash is taken out.

Wow. Now this is the type of post that should be filtered out by moderation. And my reply is welcome to be deleted when the trash is taken out.

Care to share specifics?

Do you disagree with my assertion that disagreements sharpen or improve ones own thoughts?

Do you think I should not say weak willed people should stay away?

Do you think it is your forum and your rules?

Do you not like my mental imagery of some posters?

People that can't handle criticism don't offer anything to me. They should stay away. I want my investment ideas to be sharp, if I disagree and am wrong, I want to be corrected, whether it is my idea, reasons, or conclusion. Similarly, if others have ideas, reasons, or conclusions I disagree with, I want to dialogue with them in order to help or sharpen my own stuff. That is how I (we) advance. If someone is weak willed and can't handle such things, they should not bring such things forth to a public forum.

As far as banishments: Ain't my forum, ain't my rules. Anyone with concerns about those terms should make sure to keep valued writings apart from here so they can be accessed later. I'm glad I did this years ago, took my own stuff to a "blog".

I've never met an online friend IRL so they (you) are really all imaginary to me. Full story not there, much like a fantasy. Easy come, easy go.

OK, I lie. I met one person unintentionally at an industry event. He was an a whole.

The people that are on here the most----> I tend to picture them along the lines of [fat guy on computer meme].

As far as dislikes??? Ah, I recall someone saying if some things don't fail you aren't trying enough.

Some people have tendencies to project themselves or their intent into others.

The diversity of people online is as varied as the people you find in the real life.

Stereotyping a group is never going to be a win-win situation.

The well respected member who got pushed out has started/bought/sold over 25 companies over his lifetime. His expertise and insights in that domain was probably more than the expertise of the rest of us combined. This is a really sad day indeed for the TMC give mind.

Care to share specifics?

Do you disagree with my assertion that disagreements sharpen or improve ones own thoughts?

Do you think I should not say weak willed people should stay away?

Do you think it is your forum and your rules?

Do you not like my mental imagery of some posters?
Now you are venturing into personal attacks. You are adding nothing of value and my post is just more noise. You already called people an “a whole” and said you felt that frequent posters are a very insulting meme. Again, all of this included in mine are fair game for moderation.

Last edited:
Please vote:

View attachment 821697

By invoking my moderator powers, I have been able to confirm that his account was deleted at his own request. The forum operators don't know a reason and tried to talk him around.

Mod: This subject is now closed. --ggr

PS: Some of the previous followups, which I have now caught up with, should probably be deleted too. But rather than be accused of censorship, I'm merging them into the poll thread, and then locking that thread. --ggr

Status
Not open for further replies.