Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll Time. Since we can't get a base 3 this year, what is your Plan B?

Because Tesla is greedy, and you can't get a base 3 any time soon, what is Plan B?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
Poll time. The question is:

Since Tesla is being greedy and only wants to make cars that sell for maximum profit, what are we, the people who just want a base model 3, going to do, since it seems we won't get our base 3's for another year at least?

Tesla needs the profits to keep things running? That's their problem. They made a deal with us, which induced many to give them $1000 TWO YEARS AGO, and they keep changing the deal.

Since Tesla is being greedy and only wants to make cars that sell for maximum profit, what are we, the people who just want a base model 3, going to do, since it seems we won't get our base 3's for another year at least?
I don't think Tesla is being "greedy." I think they've just discovered how hard and expensive it is to scale up production from niche to mainstream. They will also discover (soon) how tough it is to maintain a mainstream fleet of cars owned by people Honda and Toyota taught not to accept excuses. EM had the same collision with reality in the Falcon Heavy. How tough could it be to strap two 9's on a core and light the candles?Half a billion dollars tough, as it turned out.
Same "discovery" with Model 3.
I don't begrudge Tesla wanting to make a profit. I think, actually, it's way more than just a want. The needle is firmly in the must zone. All the other car makers have EV projects running because of Tesla. So Tesla is important, and I hope they pull this out before being forced back into the niche manufacturer corner.
Robin

Tesla needs the profits to keep things running? That's their problem. They made a deal with us, which induced many to give them $1000 TWO YEARS AGO, and they keep changing the deal.
You didn’t give them $1000, rather you made a REFUNDABLE deposit, and Tesla didn’t make a deal with you for the smaller battery in a specific time frame. You’ve been unhappy here ever since your first post. Perhaps you would be happier somewhere else.

I got a survey in the mail from our local politician today. Its preconceived responses didn't fit my reality, but the whole pack fit in our bin really nicely. Both will echo a false tone in the population surveyed.

Thats my whole mailbox.. now if there was just a way to make it into toilet paper, so it could perform something useful, verses throwing it in the recycle bin...

As far as the troll er I mean poll, I'm going to keep giving that evil greedy monster called Tesla my monies, so I can deny the other evil greedy oil monster my monies.

Feel like I am watching a MSM news channel.... yuck, where is the hand sanitizer when you need it..

Last edited:
Reactions: Pkmmte
There is no difference in Model 3 launch than Model X. As with model X, it was the higher priced Performance and larger battery models first. So for those who wanted the standard models at the time could configure when the standard models became available. Greed, I think not. The Financial realization is building out a manufacturing line is incredibly expensive. First time manufacturing brings the realization limiting variations helps define the process and improves early quality faster. New supply chains are complex, so limiting the variations and channels helps streamline the processes. And yes, cash flows come to the picture... not greed, but a means of financing production.

As a model X owner who put down the then $5,000 deposit and waited 3 years, I am grateful to the Model S owners who purchased Tesla products to make the X possible. I am glad to be a early adopter of an X to help Tesla finance the 3. Now it is the Model 3 buyers turn to finance the Y. Building a new car company is fraught with peril. I understand the anxiety and impatience, but its not "Greed".

My wife has no problem waiting. The Model 3 has some features she is looking forward to, mostly TACC, but her current car will serve until then.

Been waiting a while? Check my join date. If the S wasn't so bloody big, we would have grabbed one years ago. Model X? It's as big as my Sprinter van!