Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll : Tire sizes for MYLR for a comfortable ride

Select your tire size and indicate if it is "comfortable" (yes/no). Tesla OEM Continental is 19" R45

• 19" R45 YES

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 19" R45 NO

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • 19" R50 YES

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 19" R50 NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19" R55 YES

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 19" R55 NO

• 20" R40 YES

• 20" R40 NO

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 20" R45 YES

• 20" R45 NO

• 20" R50 YES

• 20" R50 NO

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a Poll for MYLR comfort tires. This is the general poll. After these results I'll create a specific-tire poll based on these sizes (TMC polls are limited to 12 choices, so I can't list specific tires yet).

Yes, "comfort" is subjective. There are numerous TMC discussions about wheel size (18, 19, 20, 21) and the general consensus seems to be that smaller wheels with larger sidewalls give a more comfortable ride. For this poll, I'm assuming that people are driving on poor roads (pot holes, bumps, ruts, etc.) that aren't being fixed. Likewise, I'm assuming that folks here are NOT replacing their suspension (coils, air, coil overs, etc.). So my intent is just to see what sizes are liked or disliked. A poll with specific tires will come after this one...

The road makes all the difference. My MYLR with 19" R45's is perfectly fine on smooth roads has no ability to handle bumps so winter in MN with frost heave at cracks in the asphalt makes it horrible. If I lived in Phoenix where the roads are in much better shape I'd probably have no complaints.

The road makes all the difference. My MYLR with 19" R45's is perfectly fine on smooth roads has no ability to handle bumps so winter in MN with frost heave at cracks in the asphalt makes it horrible. If I lived in Phoenix where the roads are in much better shape I'd probably have no complaints.

Thanks, but the intent of this poll is for poor roads. I agree with you that on smooth roads the OEM tires are fine. Here I'm thinking about bumps, pot holes, rumbles, etc. Replacing the tires is the easiest step so this poll starts there first. Later steps could be wheels, then suspension.

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Reactions: sleepydoc
Thanks, but the intent of this poll is for poor roads. I agree with you that on smooth roads the OEM tires are fine. Here I'm thinking about bumps, pot holes, rumbles, etc. Replacing the tires is the easiest step so this poll starts there first. Later steps could be wheels, then suspension.

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021
Replacing the tires is probably the easiest, but by the time you get new tires, new rims, pressor sensors and pay for balancing and installation you’re in for a good chunk of change and not terribly far off of upgrading the suspension. If you’re due for new tires anyway then the equation changes, of course. If you’ve hit a pothole and bent a rim from the low profile tires then it changes even more!

Reactions: e645824