Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - uglY - fuglY - sexY

Is the MY

• Ugly As...

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Sexy

Votes: 93 40.1%
  • Fugly

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Meh

Votes: 49 21.1%
  • Average

Votes: 64 27.6%
  • Sexier than my husband

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Sexier than my wife

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall I really like how it looks, however I'm a bit bummed that it just looks like a tall M3. I was hoping for something more distinguishable than the 3, but at first glance I can't even tell the difference. It's almost like it was rushed.

Reactions: tccartier
I just don't find the Model Y rear to be so exciting,

myr .jpg

It should be called Tesla Model 3 Sportback like what did Audi with their wagon models.

2020-Tesla-Model-Y-rear-view.jpg

I would prefer something like the Subaru Crosstrek.

19_CTK_Feature_09.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tccartier
Better view of the Model Y hatch versus the Model 3:

Note: I'm just wondering how they can put a 3rd row in the back?

IMG_20190314_211023.jpg

2018-Tesla-Model-3-Tri-White-4-AMD.jpg

What these images don't show is the difference in height. The Y is taller. Which means a higher roof in back, and more vertical legroom. With more vertical legroom, less horizontal legroom is needed... which means you can push the 2nd row forward more than in the 3 in order to also push the 3rd row forward. Franz has already stated that the 2nd row can be moved fore and aft to open up legroom for the 3rd row.

You forgot Classically SEXY! It’s a clean & stealthy Hot Looking EV Crossover Hatch (when configured right) that can seat 7 with a 300 mile range and a 3.5 second 0-60 time that would eat the competition... that’s awesome no matter how you slice it!
(Tap on pix to enlarge.)

06A5BCA8-10F4-4C16-8F63-185C72AAB0B0.jpeg

This Model Y Performance rendering has been lowered to greatly improve its already superb maneuverability w/Tints and 21”-22” Wheels & Tires. ( That Jag won’t stand a chance! ) It will GROW on you... just you wait & see!

2F95E18E-2C8F-4BF8-83A4-A5AF8FAB73A6.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't think anybody expected the Y to be the sexy-est Tesla. It's geared towards a large audience that buys CUVs, and it must stand the test of time (we all know that Tesla doesn't refresh the exteriors of their cars very often). I think the Model Y is a great representativie of the Tesla Design DNA, but the design will probably not be the greatest driver for people to buy it.

Model Y was initially going to be on a total new car, but Musk backed away from it because of how the Model 3 ramp up did. Which makes sense from a company's profitability/survivability stand point. However it does make the car ugly and not really intended for what it was. The model 3 was build for this platform, and the model Y is just a raised model 3 with a hatch. All in honestly, I would've loved to see Tesla do the reverse and build the Model Y on it own platform and then shrink/take away stuff from the car to make the Model 3. It would've make the model Y look better and probably get more customers right away in the US. Though, I suspect the at that point model 3 would probably not be necessary in USA because of our addiction to SUVs.