Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Upset by 'test drive' through Burger King drive through?

Would you be upset if the Service group 'test drove' your car to the local Burger King?

• Yes

Votes: 87 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 41.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my car serviced and I periodically checked the status in the app.

I noticed that the car was driving into a business not too far from the Service Center; curious to what it could be, I loaded up Maps and found out that it was the drive though at the local Burger King,

Would you be upset by this?

I recently had my car serviced and I periodically checked the status in the app.

I noticed that the car was driving into a business not too far from the Service Center; curious to what it could be, I loaded up Maps and found out that it was the drive though at the local Burger King,

Only if they didn't grab me a Double Whopper without cheese.

Put this way. If they drove your car to Burger King, you might be nice enough to to let it go, hey everyone got eat right? But what if your tire hit the curb or your paint got scratched while doing that? Do you get mad or do you think this incident can be avoided so your car will be fixed and back to you asap. Now you have to wait additinal days to fixed the scraping issues. The bottom line is don't give people chance to make mistake. Put your cash filled wallet exposed in a public neighborhood full of rich and educated people. Most likely your wallet will be gone also. So don't even attempt.

Here's the reason I would not be angry. Test driving is a critical step to verify the status of the car. It is often skipped if they are in a hurry. At least that way you know it really was driven, and you have proof of it. Now, if I tracked to the drag strip it would be different.

Example, I took a car in for an emissions light. I picked it up and the light was out. The light came back on, on the way home. So I plugged in my OBDII tool into it, and found all they did was reset the ECM, but did not drive it after that. So we had to bring it back. If they would have just driven it, it would have saved me the second trip.

Reactions: madodel
Plus Burger King is bad for you. Not letting them drive to Burger King saves their heart. So definitely no!

Lol!

Hey I occasionally eat veggie burgers at BK. But I would only have a problem if they ate in the car. Not Me should tell the Service Center manager he is unhappy with finding this out. Don't they realize they can be tracked?

You might find this tip helpful:

(Page 41 of the Model X Manual)
  1. Note: You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note", "Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" followed by your brief comments. Model X takes a snapshot of its systems, including screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model X.