Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Upset by 'test drive' through Burger King drive through?

Would you be upset if the Service group 'test drove' your car to the local Burger King?

• Yes

Votes: 87 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 41.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my car serviced and I periodically checked the status in the app.

I noticed that the car was driving into a business not too far from the Service Center; curious to what it could be, I loaded up Maps and found out that it was the drive though at the local Burger King,

Would you be upset by this?

I would inquire about it, but I would not be upset until I had more information.

Did they conduct a road test (which they should) and simply turn around in the BK lot?
Did they conduct a road test and pick up lunch?

In either case I would have no issue with it.

Did they simply run out to get lunch and not need to do a road test? In that case I would ask that they ask me for permission.

Let's put this into perspective,

If I replaced, repaired or disassembled a flight control on a Helicopter or Plane. I'm legally obligated to send the Aircraft for a Test flight before returning to service. How would you like it if I skipped that step?

If they grab lunch while carrying out the test drive that's their business. And in fact is efficient, and environmentally beneficial.

If they ate in your car, soiled the interior, drove recklessly or broke the law. Then yes I would be concerned.

As a professional, I'm more concerned with your NEED to find fault by spying on the cars location. That's like someone bugging your office to insure your working effectively.

Reactions: tga
Oh wow, I wonder how they found out

If you did not contact them, how were they able to contact you especially since you didn't so much as leave a VIN? I'd be more concerned that Tesla and TMC may be sharing our information that isn't freely being given.
edit: Unless they contacted you via PM.

Occam's. Razor: they asked the techs, the tech confessed and they traced it back to my car.

I'm not sure that is a good thing for the next time I bring it in... ;-)

And, no, the tech was not fired.

I recently had my car serviced and I periodically checked the status in the app.

I noticed that the car was driving into a business not too far from the Service Center; curious to what it could be, I loaded up Maps and found out that it was the drive though at the local Burger King,

Would you be upset by this?

Life is too short to be upset by something like this... If your received your car repaired and clean, then be happy.

1. Bringing food into someone's car without permission is a little unprofessional and a little disrespectful.

2. If a tech is going to lunch, a tech isn't doing a test drive.

3. In the grand scheme of things this is a first world problem that isn't a huge deal.

1. Bringing food into someone's car without permission is a little unprofessional and a little disrespectful.

2. If a tech is going to lunch, a tech isn't doing a test drive.

3. In the grand scheme of things this is a first world problem that isn't a huge deal.

Totally agree here. Driving client cars to lunch is NOT acceptable. Period.