Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] USB Retrofit Campaign UK

Have you been contacted about the retrofitting of the missing USB and wireless charging?

• Yes, to be fitted March

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No idea

• I don't need wireless charging or USB ports

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to ask; for the people who are missing wireless charging and USB ports, have you had an exact date of installation yet?

It seems that when we put a service request, they just close it and say they will contact you.

I have not seen a thread about this so thought it would be good to have all the UK guys report back here so we know when new stock will arrive.

Sorry if already asked but couldn't find anything.

Good shout.
I can't seem to edit the poll so maybe a moderator can add it above.

Can I ask when you contacted them about it?
Car delivered Saturday , requested service on the Sunday and fitted today

They called me on Monday and asked to do it there are then but I was out for the day

It may be down to regional availability of parts as clearly in the North East they are doing them ASAP

Mine’s in with Tesla MK now for delivery bodywork fixes and they’ve confirmed they’ll also be fitting the missing USB C ports and wireless charging
This is crazy. I’m booked in with them on the 29th to look at the steering wheel vibration and install the mudflaps amongst other things. The service agent said the mobile techs will do this for me in Feb as parts will be delivered in Jan. I will ask them on the 29th and say ive heard they are getting these installed on site.

Reactions: Thatsuperelec

They called me on Monday and asked to do it there are then but I was out for the day

It may be down to regional availability of parts as clearly in the North East they are doing them ASAP
Wow that was fast.
I think you are right in saying its a regional thing as people up North are getting them installed whereas down south they are out of stock till mid/end of January

I just picked mine up from Newcastle today and the SC told me not to book a service appt in the app and that they would contact me in the new year.

Reactions: Thatsuperelec
Mine’s in with Tesla MK now for delivery bodywork fixes and they’ve confirmed they’ll also be fitting the missing USB C ports and wireless charging
They’ve just confirmed the car is ready to collect but they also said:
>Unfortunately we still do not have any stock of the USB hubs, however once these land with us we will be in touch to arrange a time to fix this. Apologies for the inconvenience
So looks like the retrofits are pretty scarce still

They’ve just confirmed the car is ready to collect but they also said:
>Unfortunately we still do not have any stock of the USB hubs, however once these land with us we will be in touch to arrange a time to fix this. Apologies for the inconvenience
So looks like the retrofits are pretty scarce still
Seems I got lucky with mine getting sorted so quickly then