Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any indication if a fix is coming soon for the acceleration vibration? Tesla is threatening to cancel my order because I’ve been postponing my MSLR delivery for months now due this. I’d hate to loose my place in line and my deposit, although I’d hate more to spend a big chunk of change on a car with an annoying vibration that can’t be resolved.
There's no mention of a fix or plan for a fix. Service says the vibration is "normal". however There are rumors that there was a software fix in 2022.36, but I'm still waiting to see if more people that definitely had the vibration say it is gone with the software update.

Tell Tesla you're not buying until they describe the plan for the vibration fix. There's no way I'd buy my car again if I knew about this vibration and all the other bugs. I also have a squeaking suspension they can't fix, and the cabin lights are backwards. But at least the cabin lights are a software bug that they might fix some day... Unfortunately it's a new bug that they added recently! Not one that I've had all along.

There's no mention of a fix or plan for a fix. Service says the vibration is "normal". however There are rumors that there was a software fix in 2022.36, but I'm still waiting to see if more people that definitely had the vibration say it is gone with the software update.

Tell Tesla you're not buying until they describe the plan for the vibration fix. There's no way I'd buy my car again if I knew about this vibration and all the other bugs. I also have a squeaking suspension they can't fix, and the cabin lights are backwards. But at least the cabin lights are a software bug that they might fix some day... Unfortunately it's a new bug that they added recently! Not one that I've had all along.
I finally got 2022.36.6 but not going to be able to drive till next week. I’ll certainly report back as to whether the .36 release has had any effect on vibration.

Reactions: SnowFlyer
The odd thing is software updates solely, and it went away some four months ago. That is the only thing I could think of, and still can't figure out why and how it went away. I watched it like a hawk and stopped asking since it disappeared. Maybe the 20" forged rims and Michelin tires (now that is a guess).

My guess is the vibration you were feeling wasn't related to warped CV joints in the half shafts and perhaps it was tire or wheel issues that only showed up up at certain rotational frequencies.

My guess is the vibration you were feeling wasn't related to warped CV joints in the half shafts and perhaps it was tire or wheel issues that only showed up up at certain rotational frequencies.
My guess is that none of the slight vibration felt with gentle or no acceleration is related to warped CV joints or damaged components.

Reactions: jebinc and sorka
No change with the vibration here either, not on 36.6 nor on 40.4....

Since others have reported the vibration goes away if you put it in track mode and bias all power to the rear, the only way I believe software could improve this would be to essentially disengage the front motor in the throttle % / MPH band that it mostly occurs.

Which in theory would be doable but getting that curve right so you didn't notice the power move would be very difficult.

May be in my head but it seems a much lighter vibration after update. It is still there if I am looking for it.

Ok so I paid attention to it while driving yesterday and today. The vibration does feel different. It is more cyclical during the 35-45mph range. Overall a bit softer. Still there - just slightly improved and different.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG