Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a depressing thread. I had hoped my SC was right in blaming my PS4s, wheels, (winters on, less noticeable but still an issue, matching speeds in yoke/pedals, etc. worse w. acceleration but constantly there like an unbalanced wheel ) everything but mech or elect. but seems this is a well known problem with no fix. Maybe time for a lateral trade?

This is a depressing thread. I had hoped my SC was right in blaming my PS4s, wheels, (winters on, less noticeable but still an issue, matching speeds in yoke/pedals, etc. worse w. acceleration but constantly there like an unbalanced wheel ) everything but mech or elect. but seems this is a well known problem with no fix. Maybe time for a lateral trade?

Well, lowering the car almost entirely eliminates it. I'll lower the car again as soon as I can fix the damn suspension squeak. They haven't been able to fix it after 3 service center visits.

• Informative
Reactions: andyro and jebinc
Wasn’t aware of that. To be honest, my car doesn’t have much of any vibration after the first drive vibration goes away.

Its really quite interesting there’s so many variations of vibration for the same hardware.
There’s only two:

1.) The original, the OG! Predominantly between around 38mph and ~50mph (but beyond, too) at light load. Affects both 2021 and 2022 Model S.

2.) The “startup” vibration. This is an oddity, affecting only 2022 Model S as far as I can tell. My 2021 didn’t have it, and it was only being reported on 2022s that I saw. My 2022 does have it, or at least did when I first got it. This manifests itself as the vibration noted in 1.), but at even lower speeds, but it goes away completely after a few minutes of driving. Very peculiar, this one. May well be linked to the OG vibration, but… who knows.

I guess it is technically another feature. 😂
Thanks everyone for the additional feedback. I’m not sure why my vibration has changed. Based on the group response it seems clear that the software update was a coincidence. Maybe this means I’m one step closer to catastrophic failure. The calm before the storm scenario.

Honestly, it would help if something would just break instead of vibrate.

There’s only two:

1.) The original, the OG! Predominantly between around 38mph and ~50mph (but beyond, too) at light load. Affects both 2021 and 2022 Model S.

2.) The “startup” vibration. This is an oddity, affecting only 2022 Model S as far as I can tell. My 2021 didn’t have it, and it was only being reported on 2022s that I saw. My 2022 does have it, or at least did when I first got it. This manifests itself as the vibration noted in 1.), but at even lower speeds, but it goes away completely after a few minutes of driving. Very peculiar, this one. May well be linked to the OG vibration, but… who knows.
766F2D95-5834-45FB-A81A-8C1D09D37DE7.gif

I have a third (vibration); my fist vibrating in the air at Tesla!

Someone linked to this thread from the MX forums. Just wanted to connect from over there and say that Model X refresh has it as well. I feel it routinely in my '22, just over ~40 MPH, and only when accelerating (even gradually). It's a very low-pitched, subtle rumble that feels/sounds like it's coming from the front motor.

Has anyone here had Tesla acknowledge the problem?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc