Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was quite careful to look for this when I first saw it mentioned on the forums. I was quite sure that I had no sign of it. Then, after 5k miles, without even trying to look for it, I noticed it under my right foot while giving slight accel in the 40s. It is extremely mild, barely noticable, but there it is . . .
I also have it at 35-40 slightly in the pedal and on super hard blast offs. I have a brand new plaid X that has only 1200 miles. This is also my 4th Tesla and this is the first car to do this pedal vibration. Taking it in for the second time for issue in a week or so. The first time they acted like they have never heard of this issue. Thanks to this thread I know that its real. Thanks guys! I will stay on them on behalf of all of us. Great car but "normal" should not be an acceptable answer I don't think. Voted!

Just took delivery of plaid against my better judgement. On the drive home the yoke vibrated for like 1-2 seconds, it happened a few time on the highway, than on the street one time.

Is this the half shaft vibration people are talking about or is this some other issue?

I was not accelerating hard at all, very mild and it is in sport mode. My wife on her X felt it as well in her new X.

Just took delivery of plaid against my better judgement. On the drive home the yoke vibrated for like 1-2 seconds, it happened a few time on the highway, than on the street one time.

Is this the half shaft vibration people are talking about or is this some other issue?

I was not accelerating hard at all, very mild and it is in sport mode. My wife on her X felt it as well in her new X.
Welcome to the club! This is a “normal” for free feature Tesla offers all refreshed S owners. Please send your love letters and post cards to Tesla and Elon!

I did, that is why I'm perplexed and asked the question as i don't see feel vibration anywhere else, it was only in the yoke on the drive home after picking up the car. The new S never did that, this Plaid and X did it same day today. On a smooth road too on the 40mph vib which seems odd to me. But how is this related to the drive shaft. Plus this is a newer model not early model.

Reactions: jebinc

Are you sure it’s not the lane departure warning?

I was not drifting out the lane but I'm going to turn that feature off and do some more testing that another member recommended. This car the options were set up identical to the S and eston have this issue so I just find it hard to believe but I'm going to turn it off nonetheless and do some more testing

Yes, just another crutch - like the lowering links. Root cause not addressed. For me, the vibration extends beyond just the yoke - to include accelerator pedal and sometimes floor and center console. Changing to a round wheel will do nothing for this.
To be clear, I agree with you @jebinc. This does not fix the root problem but now I don’t really notice it. I do still have a subtle pedal vibration but the Yoke shaking was by far the worse part for me. Out of sight out of mind problem solving approach.
I had a 2018 Model X performance and the shudder issue was maddening. I don’t think this is getting permanently fixed anytime soon without a complete re engineered system.

Reactions: aerodyne and jebinc