Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fear it will be some years before other OEMs match the styling, performance, comfort (4-5 adults comfortably in refresh S), range, software sophistication, reliable recharging network, etc, etc. And my Blackhawk is a beauty.

IMG_0005.jpeg
IMG_0010.jpeg

True statement! The cupholders are so tiny it's hilarious.
Yup. 0.5L nalgene bottles fit
Nalgene Sustain Tritan BPA-Free Water Bottle Made with Material Derived From 50% Plastic Waste, 16 OZ, Wide Mouth https://a.co/d/38G25nf

I had to order a new coffee thermos as well. I think this one will fit, but it hasn't arrived yet to confirm.
Zojirushi Stainless Steel Mug, 20 ounce, Black Matte https://a.co/d/d9k7BUF

Yup. 0.5L nalgene bottles fit
Nalgene Sustain Tritan BPA-Free Water Bottle Made with Material Derived From 50% Plastic Waste, 16 OZ, Wide Mouth https://a.co/d/38G25nf

I had to order a new coffee thermos as well. I think this one will fit, but it hasn't arrived yet to confirm.
Zojirushi Stainless Steel Mug, 20 ounce, Black Matte https://a.co/d/d9k7BUF
I like the Contigo 24oz new ones. But alas... they do not fit. They might fit the 2021 cup holders which have slightly more room due to not having the factory rubber insert, though… but they don’t quite fit my 2022. I love these though. One-hand operation is much safer for driving.

Attachments

• 593FAAAE-A887-48A1-A32A-DC31C9FAFD25.jpeg
    593FAAAE-A887-48A1-A32A-DC31C9FAFD25.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I had a loose drivers side mirror on my MXP (was delivered that way). Was into service twice and each time they said they fixed it but did not. I finally fixed it myself. The front screw holding the mirror in from the inside was simply loose about 7 turns. It took me 5 minutes to fix it and it's been tight and vibration free ever since.
Do you have any guide or pictures on this? I have Model S with same issue

I had a loose drivers side mirror on my MXP (was delivered that way). Was into service twice and each time they said they fixed it but did not. I finally fixed it myself. The front screw holding the mirror in from the inside was simply loose about 7 turns. It took me 5 minutes to fix it and it's been tight and vibration free ever since.
Do you have guide , or pictures on this curious how you fixed it.

Dunno if it's the weather (probably) but here in Seattle, in the high 30s, low 40s, the vibration is baaaaad today. From 35mph upwards it's really noticeable. Also, don't know if I never noticed this before, but I hear a "rushing air" sound from the motors (not sure if it's rear or front) when even gently accelerating at around highway speeds. Not wind noise, - it's an actual rushing of air. Reminds me of a cold air intake from my petrol days. Pretty crazy. With any music on you can't hear it, - like most things.

Also, don't know if I never noticed this before, but I hear a "rushing air" sound from the motors (not sure if it's rear or front) when even gently accelerating at around highway speeds. Not wind noise, - it's an actual rushing of air. Reminds me of a cold air intake from my petrol days. Pretty crazy. With any music on you can't hear it, - like most things.
I wonder if you are just hearing the motors being run in an inefficient manner to produce heat to put into the battery.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Dunno if it's the weather (probably) but here in Seattle, in the high 30s, low 40s, the vibration is baaaaad today. From 35mph upwards it's really noticeable. Also, don't know if I never noticed this before, but I hear a "rushing air" sound from the motors (not sure if it's rear or front) when even gently accelerating at around highway speeds. Not wind noise, - it's an actual rushing of air. Reminds me of a cold air intake from my petrol days. Pretty crazy. With any music on you can't hear it, - like most things.
I have the same impression. Definitely gets worse in low temperatures. Here on Norway it is around 0C now and I feel the vibration every day.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Junk, just junk… 😮‍💨

Reactions: Ramphex