Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: What Does the Right Scroll Wheel Do etc?

What function(s) would you like to see the right wheel left\right button do?

• Fan Speed

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Temperature setting

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Media selection

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Cycle through current window options

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • User customizable

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Nothing, leave it as is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tesla will leave it as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine shows all those functions as I scroll thru them, but not Fan Speed. I can select which to show, including Energy, Tire Pressures and Time. Same as the left wheel. When I have FSD Beta displayed, and I have Expanded Display for FSD selected, these items disappear until the FSD is disengaged.

It seems like Tesla forgot about the full functionality of the right scroll wheel. Are the software engineers asleep at the switch (I mean wheel)?
From another TMC member who replaced the yoke, rumor has it that the Autopilot icon on Refresh is actually a button, and that Tesla may have intended to use that instead of clicking the wheel to activate AP. But the haptic button could more easily be pressed inadvertently, leading to sudden acceleration and potential safety issues. So now we are left with semi-functional right scroll wheel that does nothing except AP, and doesn't even use the left / right clicks at all (e.g., to set following distance). Which may or may not have caused issue with deciding how to provide user customizable features like temp, fan speed, etc. along with the blank right side on instrument cluster.

Obviously none of this applies to pre-2021+ cars that retain fully functional right scroll wheel and IC display.

Reactions: SDRick
Thank you SoCal Buzz (Killer lol)!

That may explain why the right scroll wheel (tilt left and right) on the yoke does not do anything while on my last model S the right wheel had a selection of functions.

If this is the case, we may be stuck with less functionality without much chance of at least getting back to where we were or beyond.