Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: What is your long term average wh/mile (minimum 10,000 miles)?

What is your long term trip counter Wh/Mi reading (minimum 10,000 miles travelled)?

• 370 Wh/Mi or greater

• 360 Wh/Mi

• 350 Wh/Mi

• 340 Wh/Mi

• 330 Wh/Mi

• 320 Wh/Mi

• 310 Wh/Mi

• 300 Wh/Mi

• 290 Wh/Mi

• 280 Wh/Mi

• 270 Wh/Mi or less

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Answer with the number as close to yours (round up or down).

Minimum 10,000 miles travelled

Pictures are nice. Makes it interesting. If you're a metric person, just multiple your Wh/km by 1.61 to get the miles data.

My own data was about 15,000 miles at 323 Wh/mi (so I voted 320). This was a 2015 Model S 70D in Toronto, Canada

Will it be a bell curve around the middle? Will it be a barbell with 2 distinct groups of leadfoots and hypermilers? I'm interested to see.

The preponderance of California/warm clime owners should lead the pig in the python to be towards the top end of the option range rather than the middle but who knows, maybe a large number of voters from Norway will swing the results.

When I used to have my 2012 85 kWh Model S, I didn't keep the Trip B intact until later on when I realized that I need lifetime number too.

So as recorded for 56,089 most recent miles out of 83,880 since delivery date, its wh/mile is 248:

QcyBPn3.jpg

My semi-objective impression was that my P100D averages quite a bit higher than the P85 it replaced. Judging it by a route I commonly do each week, the P85 was able to complete it with < 300 Wh/mi but I've never managed close to that with the P100D. Maybe it's the dual motors or the fact that the auto headlights seems to equate to always-on headlights. That one P85 so far above got astoundingly good long term efficiency. It'd be interesting to see if more data shows that the older cars achieved better efficiency. But we'll need to know the approximate climate as well since that'll skew the figures.

Not at 10k yet with my P100D.

My semi-objective impression was that my P100D averages quite a bit higher than the P85 it replaced. Judging it by a route I commonly do each week, the P85 was able to complete it with < 300 Wh/mi but I've never managed close to that with the P100D. Maybe it's the dual motors or the fact that the auto headlights seems to equate to always-on headlights. That one P85 so far above got astoundingly good long term efficiency. It'd be interesting to see if more data shows that the older cars achieved better efficiency. But we'll need to know the approximate climate as well since that'll skew the figures.

Not at 10k yet with my P100D.

As I recall, the dual motors actually make the car more efficient. If anything, it'd be the added weight of the battery, and potentially decreased efficiency due to the improvements to acceleration with the "P" vehicles.

Answer with the number as close to yours (round up or down).

Minimum 10,000 miles travelled

Pictures are nice. Makes it interesting. If you're a metric person, just multiple your Wh/km by 1.61 to get the miles data.

My own data was about 15,000 miles at 323 Wh/mi (so I voted 320). This was a 2015 Model S 70D in Toronto, Canada

Will it be a bell curve around the middle? Will it be a barbell with 2 distinct groups of leadfoots and hypermilers? I'm interested to see.

The preponderance of California/warm clime owners should lead the pig in the python to be towards the top end of the option range rather than the middle but who knows, maybe a large number of voters from Norway will swing the results.

Lots of variability in the replies so far. I live in Florida, where it is very unusual for me to turn my heater on.

My 2016 S75 is averaging 267 wh/m over the past 6,500 miles. Service center appears to have erased my lifetime (~15,000 miles) stats.

The P model S's will gather at a higher Wh/M.
I think it mostly depends how you drive. If you drive the P like you would the non-P, the usage will likely be the same. I know the argument is that the rear motor is less efficient on the P, but if you mostly do highway cruising, that motor is sleeping anyways. We have a P85D and a 75D and on few occasions when we drove together (one car following the other) the Wh/mile was almost identical (within 1%) - all my data was from before the S75D was uncorked, will check next time we need to take 2 cars to go somewhere farther.

I can't even find stats on my P100D. I'm at ~5k but I don't have the Trip A/B page that I used to have on my P85. The only option I seem to have now is a stats page only active for the duration of a GPS driven 'Trip'. Am I missing something?

I.e. I don't have that Trip A line as in Sawyer8888's photo.

I can't even find stats on my P100D. I'm at ~5k but I don't have the Trip A/B page that I used to have on my P85. The only option I seem to have now is a stats page only active for the duration of a GPS driven 'Trip'. Am I missing something?

Here is a screenshot from my XP100D. Have you tried looking at Controls > Trips ? We've been using the cabin heater quite a bit here in Colorado. The Model X is thirsty compared to my S.

IMG_0153.JPG

Yes. Just go into the trips in the controls page. There you can tell it which trips to display in the gauge cluster

This is weird.

When I traded in my S85 last year with 31,311 miles I'd averaged 283 Wh/mi. But I just went out and checked the S60 I'd traded for and after 17,477 I've averaged the same thing, 283 Wh/mi.

Guess I must be a consistent driver... ???

My average is close to 390, and usually climbs to >400 in the winter. The lowest I've ever seen is 378. I do have a P100D, but the culprit in my case is elevation. I live at about 1000 ft above sea level, and my work and most of my outside-of-home life is lower at 100 or so ft. The final mile to my house is all uphill, and it is quite sobering to watch the wh/mile climb along with the car. :)

Fortunately, in warmer months, the amount of regen I get going downhill covers the entire 3.5 mile trip to work, and I usually arrive each AM with no net energy usage. That makes up for some of the trip up, since my prior ICE car had no regen.

I just worry that when I eventually sell the car, the high Wh/mile might deter some buyers...