TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

POLL: What price buys your "yes" vote to sell?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by KarenRei, Aug 12, 2018.

?

What buyout price buys your "yes" vote to sell?

1. $420

18 vote(s)
    12.8%
  2. $421-460

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. $461-520

15 vote(s)
    10.6%
  4. $521-600

11 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. $601-720

9 vote(s)
    6.4%
  6. $721-900

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. $901-1300

30 vote(s)
    21.3%
  8. $1301-1950

12 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. $1951-2550

11 vote(s)
    7.8%
  10. $2551-3500

7 vote(s)
    5.0%
  11. $3501-4600

7 vote(s)
    5.0%
  12. Over $4600

11 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. KarenRei

KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei

Assume that you can no longer continue on in TSLAP. Or assume that Tesla's buyers offer a buyout price that's sufficient for you to agree to willingly sell your stock. How much would they have to offer you to vote yes on the deal and sell off your TSLA stock?

Presume that the buyout arrangement is such that once you're out, you can't get back in.

• Like x 1
  2. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

I believe going private is the best thing for Tesla, and as such I will be voting “Yes”.

I bought stock because I support the company. If it means a better chance of long term success, I’ll sell it for the same reason.

• Like x 4
  3. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

Thanks, Karen. Still, credit for the poll idea... #26756 :)

4. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

One issue with the poll, I have multiple sell orders in. Lowest is in my most liquid/ cash account at 1k, long term account/ inherited IRA is 4k (fraction of total holdings cause why not...).

Not an advice.

5. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

Poll probably needs an "I have no idea what to do" option.

• Like x 7
    • Funny x 1
  6. KarenRei

It does: not answering ;)

Looks like - at the time of me writing this - the median appears to be around $1150, which would be a net present value of just under $200B. Which shows a lot of us (myself included, admittedly) thinking this company could ultimately go up into the many-hundreds-of-billions-or-lower-trillions range, then discounting for time and risk. Basically, half of us think we're looking at another Alphabet, Amazon or Apple, or possibly even beyond.

Well, they're certainly positioning themselves to be a cornerstone of the future's global transportation and energy infrastructure. Only time will tell how much of the market share of each segment they're involved in they'll capture - but they're definitely (multiple) huge markets ;)

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  7. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

Hi @KarenRei Thank you for creating this poll. Would you like me to share it on Twitter? This would increase the sample size, but TMC audience is generally more informed than Twitter $TSLA crowd. I didn't want to act without knowing your preference, so please let me know.

• Like x 2
  8. KarenRei

I'd probably rather not. I think it'd do more to invite trolls on Twitter than anything.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  9. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

Another option: people with some funds that can't covert to private due to liquidity needs and are setting up for a potential short squeeze. $420 is good, but $1k is better.

10. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Closed

#10 ValueAnalyst, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Yes, and this is in-line with other polls: ~ $1000 per share *currently* seems to be the median price at which about half of retail investors give up the right to participate in TSLAP. Three caveats:
    1. The assumption "that you can no longer continue on in TSLAP" is key. Tesla might structure it so that there is some liquidity going forward in order to somehow allow the small investor to participate in future growth of another Alphabet, Amazon or Apple, or possibly even beyond. Such a move would alter the entire incentive structure by easing any perceived long-term scarcity;
    2. As TSLA moves up, I expect the median to also move up due to sentiment and greed; and
    3. Q3 profitability would likely move the median up.

11. winfield100

winfield100 Active Member

You pose this as an, all or nothing poll,

I might be willing to sell maybe 2%, definately no more than 5% of my shares, for well over $5,000/share, but no more, so i can "armor up" with PV and Tesla EV and powerwalls and be a node in the SW Florida VPP.

IF i had been smart enough and not searching for a quick buck and "action", my miniscule numbers of MSFT would be worth $31,392/share.
    I have 20-40 year time horizon on TSLAP if I can convert. TSLAP will be worth far more than that, just be patient.
    Mars teraforming is a 500+ year project, like the cathedrals of Europe, only more so.

12. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model S - U.S. P - #1649

I too have a target spread of $1k up to $4k. In the poll I said $900-$1300, if I can convert to private I don't care. If I can covert it won't matter. I'll probably vote yes in any case, since I still believe in the mission.

• Like x 1
  13. oneday

oneday Member

I put $420 and will vote yes, either way. I support Elon and the mission. Hope I can continue in TSLAP, hope I can benefit from a short squeeze, and hope Tesla goes private.

14. mikevbf

mikevbf Active Member

#14 mikevbf, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    umm ... #23577
    ;)

• Love x 1
  15. Sudre

Sudre Member

Elon has mentioned the private company may go public again some day. After seeing this poll it will be interesting what the price will be in 5-10 years if Tesla goes public again.... the price of the private shares that is before they get diluted in the second public offer.

If TSLA never splits I feel around $1000 is where the SP will be in 5-10 years if most of what Tesla has planned works out. If I have to liquidate my position I want that price so I can buy back in again if it goes public again. I of coarse realize $420 is what I will be stuck with.... BUT if shorts have issues I have a price in mind.

16. EVMeister

EVMeister Member

#16 EVMeister, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    Seriously? If you only believe Tesla SP will be $1000 in 5-10 years, why not sell (assume at $420) and invest in something else? At least over the 10 year timeframe, you'd be better off enjoying compound interest in a decent managed or mixed fund. That's increadibly pessimistic and doesn't reflect the future growth prospects of the company at all.

• Like x 3
  17. KarenRei

Indeed. Tesla only becoming $200B over 5-10 years? I'd be extremely disappointed with that.

• Like x 2
  18. winfield100

winfield100 Active Member

#18 winfield100, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    think for a tiny moment.
    in ten years it will be almost 2029.
    By then Tesla/SpaceX/whatever other companies come under the umbrella, will have done 2-3 successful (and perhaps 1 unsuccessful) Earth-Mars-Earth run. a colony will have been started. Not only the whole planet Mars, but Luna, the asteroids, the solar system. ---> humanity Multiplanetary<--- think big, (no, bigger than that.)(earth is going through birthing pains)
    remember a vague quote from Elon that goes, "i want to die on Mars, just not on impact" the Mars Colony alone will take serious coin, and __you__ are in "at the begining"
    the only spanner in the works i can see, at present, will be, if we can 3D print things, at tiny and tinier scales, will money become obsolete, and unnecessary
    i find it odd, that there are not more votes in the >maximum< number vote