Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: What vampire drain are you seeing on your 3?

How many miles of range are you losing to vampire range each day?

• Less than 1 mile per day

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 1-2 miles per day

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • 2-3 miles per day

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • 3-4 miles per day

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 4-5 miles per day

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • More than 5 miles per day

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rebuilding my car right now and it has lost less than 1 mile since I brought it home 5 days ago. The 12 volt is not connected right now, so I know this doesn’t count. But this goes to show you that the HV battery doesn’t drain that easily when not doing anything. Oh, I live in NY and the temperatures are below 32

Mine range has actually increased from the time I charge to when I leave the garage in the morning. I think that can be explained because it charges in the middle of the night when it's cold and by morning it's a few degrees warmer.

Rebuilding my car right now and it has lost less than 1 mile since I brought it home 5 days ago. The 12 volt is not connected right now, so I know this doesn’t count. But this goes to show you that the HV battery doesn’t drain that easily when not doing anything. Oh, I live in NY and the temperatures are below 32
Well, as all loads except A/C and heater use low voltage battery, it is no surprise that your battery almost has no vampire drain with disconnected 12V battery. HV battery practically has no vampire drain at all.

Mine has been horrible as of late, and I'm not sure why. I checked yesterday and was at 197. I just came across this thread and figured I'd log in and see where it's at (I've been out of town and the car is sitting in my garage) and it's now at 189. Lost 8 miles in a day. The day before it was at 206. So for being out of town for a couple of days, I've lost 17 miles. Too bad we're not talking about weight loss here! LOL

Last edited: