Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: What was your total cost for AP/EAP + FSD?

AP/EAP + FSD cost me in total:

• I paid $2k or less and I “have” FSD!

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I got everything for $3k ($0 +$3k?)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I got everything for $4k ($0 + $4k?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I got the described $5k = $2k + $3k deal.

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • I paid between $6k and $8k.

Votes: 59 44.7%
  • I paid more than $8k.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I have not purchased FSD.

Votes: 42 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you did not get the recent email for $3k Upgrade with $3k price in the account, as some AP owners did?

Hard to tell from the responses (because I did not define the timeframe) how many people with AP recently got FSD for $3k. I know of just one person who claims they got it for that price...

Probably worth checking your account upgrade price, if you have not recently. Probably pricey but you never know.

My understanding is you only got the $3K e-mail offer if you bought EAP at purchase ($5K). The April sale got you Autosteer and Enhanced Cruise Control for $2K and doesn't count as EAP. I usually check my account page once a week hoping for a sale, FSD has been listed at $6K for several months for me.

My understanding is you only got the $3K e-mail offer if you bought EAP at purchase ($5K).

Does not appear to be the case; see link in original post here to @shimmy's claim that he had only AP before, recently purchased FSD upgrade for $3k. That was actually the motivation for this poll. (As mentioned earlier, I should have delineated the $5k total into two categories based on time of purchase of FSD, to make it less confusing...since there have apparently been two opportunities to get the whole shebang for just $5k)

Also a lot of AP-only people got the $3k email offer (though the $3k price was not necessarily reflected in their accounts - there are documented instances here of people with AP who got the email and it was still $6k...but apparently not for everyone!).

And then of course there is the person who apparently got everything for $2k. I could see that happening as well - though it could also be bad data.

@AlanSubie4Life Yes... paid $5k total (+ CA Sales tax)... however, I am also in the group that paid $2k for White compared to those who now get it included. :( But being an early adopter, have to be flexible with these pricing changes to some degree, but consumer confusion is a real thing at the moment

@AlanSubie4Life Yes... paid $5k total (+ CA Sales tax)....
Okay, I guess I'll have to update my previous answer. Paid $5500 for EAP, plus CA sales tax. However, with the purchase of FSD, no tax was charged. I find that strange in that the FSD upgrade comes with new hardware (i.e., material or tangible goods), at least in my case since the car was delivered with HW 2.5, whereas the EAP upgrade was software only.