Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: What will your Model 3 cost?

My Model 3 will cost.... (select the largest value that applies)

• $35k

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • <=$36.5k

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • <=$38k

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • <=$40k

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • <=$42k

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • <=$44k

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • <=$46k

Votes: 23 11.6%
  • <=$49k

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • <=$52k

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • <=$56k

Votes: 40 20.1%
  • <=$60k

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • > $60k

Votes: 23 11.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its hard to say without knowing the AWD price.
My best guess is
35k Base + 9 LR + 5 EAP + 5 PUP + 1.5k Wheels + 1k Paint + ~4k AWD = 60,500

Although If I cheap out on the long range option (I'm still up in the air on this.)
35k Base + 5 EAP + 5 PUP + 1.5k Wheels + 1k Paint + ~4k AWD = 51,500

I've been going back and forth on base v. long range battery but currently thinking First Production (LR battery plus PUP), EAP, FSD and paint. $58K.

Current plan is to order a second one late next year probably AWD or P Model.

I was glad to hear that the white interior will be this year. It will be a bonus if there is not a premium on it and the wood dash piece is replaced with a white strip.
There are several vendors (TESLA is not listed yet) that offer overlays for interior decor. I purchased an overlay for my Prius and the quality of the materials is excellent. I don't care for the wood trim in the TM3 regardless of the interior color. I haven't made a final decision, but the overlay I might pick is brushed aluminum - will make the interior even more like a spaceship. I would like brushed aluminum overlay for the center console too.

32 votes for $56k!? Why wouldn't you just grab decently optioned CPO Model S for that price (or new base S for a bit more)?

I'll be grabbing the $35k option.

Right now the cheapest CPO in Canada is $56K for a car without any AP.

For cheaper we'll get a brand new Model 3, more range, faster 0-60 and AP2 hardware (with EAP enabled).

No brainer for me to wait for Model 3 :)

Reactions: jsmay311
Should be.

For me:
$35k + dual motor (assuming $4k) + waffling on PUP ($5k/2) = $41,5k. Maybe a CHAdeMO adapter on top of that, unless Tesla makes the European version support CCS (or better, builds some superchargers here!). Of course, I know that in practice my prices will be inflated - their non-US prices always are. At least I don't have to pay VAT or vörugjald - VAT's 24% (~$10k) and vörugjald on cars (depends on CO2 emissions) can be as high as 65%. :)

$5k/2 for PUP?

I'm going with base car ($35,000), PUP ($5,000) and non-black paint ($1,000) for a total of $41,000. So, $1,000 less than Elon's projected $42,000 average price. I'm pretty frugal so, usually, I wouldn't have opted for the creature comforts offered by the PUP; however, it's required to get the glass roof... and I simply must have the glass roof. * This bundling requirement helps assuage any guilt I may have about splurging for such a luxurious car. :)

* Had the Chevy Bolt EV delivered on the all-glass roof they teased on their concept car, I might have even considered it... oh, who am I kidding.

• Funny
Reactions: JeffK
I'm going with base car ($35,000), PUP ($5,000) and non-black paint ($1,000) for a total of $41,000. So, $1,000 less than Elon's projected $42,000 average price. I'm pretty frugal so, usually, I wouldn't have opted for the creature comforts offered by the PUP; however, it's required to get the glass roof... and I simply must have the glass roof. * This bundling requirement helps assuage any guilt I may have about splurging for such a luxurious car. :)

* Had the Chevy Bolt EV delivered on the all-glass roof they teased on their concept car, I might have even considered it... oh, who am I kidding.

Bolt aside, that was pretty much my line of thinking. The all glass roof, while not a must, is pretty darn cool, and basically everything else you get with the PUP is actually pretty good, overall I think it's quite a steal for what you get, and if you are getting a luxury car, you might as well make it be so.

Reactions: BluestarE3
I'm in for at least 46K (-7.5k by buying before the end of June) with PUP, AP, and Paint (I hate black... I'd have gone for white if that were free, but falling for Elon's trap).

Debating FSD if there's been any progress with it by the time I'm up next year. Similarly debating the "D" if the timeline moves up enough to get it before the tax credit gets halved. It's worth ~4-5k to me but not (effectively) 8-9k.

I don't see a case for my family for the LR. If we're going far enough that we need that much range, I doubt there'd be enough space to haul our gear (we've got a toddler)... It'd be better to apply those funds toward the LR version of the Y when we replace the 2017 Forester (in 2022 or so).

Bolt aside, that was pretty much my line of thinking. The all glass roof, while not a must, is pretty darn cool, and basically everything else you get with the PUP is actually pretty good, overall I think it's quite a steal for what you get, and if you are getting a luxury car, you might as well make it be so.
Is the all glass roof really that amazing? I haven't been in an glass roof S so I've never experienced it, but do know that we usually keep our sun roof cover closed year around due to annoying glare issues. Also wondering how the large back window, even with factory tint at the top, might impact my infant and toddler who love to nap in the car.

I misread your post, but what I was referring to was https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/how-much-are-you-planning-to-spend.69666

I'll be interested to compare what people thought they would spend before pricing was announced with how much they think they'll spend now. For instance, I answered 45-50K in that poll, but now it turns out it will be 55K.

I studied the Model S and X pricing structure and estimated 70K with AWD. 60K with RWD is lower than my expectations. PUP is actually a great bargain if you look at how options are priced for the big Teslas.