Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s Your Favorite Color for the Tesla Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Tesla’s all-electric, mid-size SUV called the Model Y is now available for order. While deliveries won’t start until next year, the car can be configured on the automaker’s website so prospective owners can get an idea of what to expect when the vehicle is in their garage.

The Model Y will start at $39,000 for the Standard Range version, and will also come in Long Range, Dual-Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Performance variants. Model Y Standard Battery will have 230 miles of range, while Model Y Long Range will be able to travel up to 300 miles on a single charge.

Tesla is currently offering the Model Y in five colors with varying prices for each – Standard Black (included), Midnight Silver Metallic ($1,500), Deep Blue Metallic ($1,500), Pearl White Multi-Coat ($2,000), and Red Multi-Coat ($2,500).[/vc_column_text][us_image_slider ids=”6719,6715,6716,6717,6718″ transition=”crossfade”][vc_column_text]Tesla offers the same colors and option pricing on the Model 3.

Which color do you think is best for the Model Y?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I ordered a black because i am cheap, but have been really debating changing to the blue. If Tesla change the pricing of the Y to something similar to the 3, i will change it in a heartbeat. Right now, instead of a $1500 upgrade, it's actually $2500 because I am locked in the original pricing.

I would like Green, I have three years to go as I would like to keep my 3 for the 4 years and if they will not let me have the Green I'll be going with the pearl white with white interior unless I go with the Gray paint...what me wishy washy.

Tesla is currently offering the Model Y in five colors with varying prices for each – Standard Black (included), Midnight Silver Metallic ($1,500), Deep Blue Metallic ($1,500), Pearl White Multi-Coat ($2,000), and Red Multi-Coat ($2,500).
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/03/15/whats-your-favorite-color-tesla-model-y/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Ordered mine with the Deep Blue Metallic and white interior! Going to look FIERCE! Can't wait to start seeing them on the road. Sometime in 2021 hopefully.

Metallic and pearlescent finishes are expensive to paint and expensive to repair. Tesla needs to add plain white and perhaps other colors at zero cost in the interest of customer sat! Let us spend the extra 2Gs on something else!

Reactions: CyberShy
Here's to the suggestion of Green, and then some. I'm at least the second blue 3 in the neighborhood. I had a series of silver, gray and black cars, so I wanted a color-color. Both the red and blue, while beautiful, are quite aggressive colors. Maybe some second-tier option colors? I suppose you can't expect 15 colors to be pushed through an already stressed production line, so it would likely have to be a repaint job anyway. Here's to a lively aftermarket!

Reactions: Fred42 and CyberShy
Our silver metallic M3 with white interior and performance wheels looks great and drives invisible, just like we want it to, however, for the Y (long ago ordered) we need two new colors to choose from, each classic and/or bold — a tall order, yet please TESLA, please once more pull some paint rabbits out your Mad Hatters hat.

I thought white is now the free standard color. Its showing as a 2k upgrade on the website. Is this going to change?
Changes and updates are not being made to the Model Y order page to keep up with other pricing and option changes to other vehicles. Most are going with the assumption that other fleet-wide policies will carry over to the MY as things progress. Not appropriate at this time to get too attached to any options or prices currently on (or missing from) the current order page.

• Informative
Reactions: GenSao and Fred42