Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s Your Favorite Color for the Tesla Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Tesla’s all-electric, mid-size SUV called the Model Y is now available for order. While deliveries won’t start until next year, the car can be configured on the automaker’s website so prospective owners can get an idea of what to expect when the vehicle is in their garage.

The Model Y will start at $39,000 for the Standard Range version, and will also come in Long Range, Dual-Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Performance variants. Model Y Standard Battery will have 230 miles of range, while Model Y Long Range will be able to travel up to 300 miles on a single charge.

Tesla is currently offering the Model Y in five colors with varying prices for each – Standard Black (included), Midnight Silver Metallic ($1,500), Deep Blue Metallic ($1,500), Pearl White Multi-Coat ($2,000), and Red Multi-Coat ($2,500).[/vc_column_text][us_image_slider ids=”6719,6715,6716,6717,6718″ transition=”crossfade”][vc_column_text]Tesla offers the same colors and option pricing on the Model 3.

Which color do you think is best for the Model Y?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
I own the 2013 MS and the color selection was quite limited both interior and exterior. I look at the color selection today and is still quite limited, no grey, brown or red interior. If you look at the premium car brands today like Audi, BMW, MB or Lexus, they offer many different color selections for both interior and exterior. This is true for non-premium brand, not just black or white interior take it or leave it colors. I want to order the Y but dislike black or white interior (not sure how many owners love the white interior) and therefore I'm going to hold off and wait for the competitor's offerings in 2020/2021.

griim41xibs01.jpg i just ordered with white, since it's nice and it's the included color right not. but i am thinking this will be my car for a long time, and in a few years i might have it wrapped.

Attachments

• IMG_3069-1024x768.jpeg
    IMG_3069-1024x768.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 496
Our X is pearl white on white and we love it. Will probably do the same for the Y. 2nd choice would be either midnight silver or possibly blue... All with the white seats, of course.
i know your comment was a while ago, but curious on the white interior. i chose black in my order but could change, but i was afraid of it getting dirty quickly. have you had experience with cleaning the white/keeping it clean?

Reactions: BabyMazzola
i just ordered with white, since it's nice and it's the included color right not. but i am thinking this will be my car for a long time, and in a few years i might have it wrapped.
I switched from blue to white also and will likely get it wrapped every couple of years.

Right now I’m loving my satin Xpel wrapped silver S. Satin looks great on black, silver, and white. I’m not fond of satin on blue.

Reactions: Aarons12
i know your comment was a while ago, but curious on the white interior. i chose black in my order but could change, but i was afraid of it getting dirty quickly. have you had experience with cleaning the white/keeping it clean?
I ordered a White Model Y Extended range Dual Motor, when Tesla charge extra for it, but got the price reduction when they made White the standard color. I have generally chosen white or other light color cars for its visibility in dark country roads at night. For the interior, I chose the Premium Black (don't know what's premium about it) because of past experience where light color interiors reflect off the inside of the windshield on a sunny day impede my sight of the road ahead, and that was on cars without sun-roofs. In addition, I find dark interior scuff marks better than a light one.

Reactions: Aarons12
My Model 3 is multi-coat red and at least for now I've ordered the Model Y in red too.. I've had many people say they don't typically like red but they love my Model 3 red.
Each his own and there is no "best" color since it's personal opinion. Anyone who tries to say otherwise is kidding themselves.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
My Model 3 is multi-coat red and at least for now I've ordered the Model Y in red too.. I've had many people say they don't typically like red but they love my Model 3 red.
Each his own and there is no "best" color since it's personal opinion. Anyone who tries to say otherwise is kidding themselves.

Me too...well my cars have always been red and the 3 in red is stunning...not sure about the Y based on the pics, the white looks better. Even though I’ve yet to see it in person, I ordered my Y in red as well. I’m used to people’s dislike for red but I love to stand out.

Probably not an issue but on my Tesla account screen both my current Model 3 and Model Y show.
However, the shade of multi-coat red is different. I'm assuming the color is going to be the same but then again sometimes making assumptions is dangerous. Anyone else have a similar situation or seen a red Model Y in the wild to comment on?

Probably not an issue but on my Tesla account screen both my current Model 3 and Model Y show.
However, the shade of multi-coat red is different. I'm assuming the color is going to be the same but then again sometimes making assumptions is dangerous. Anyone else have a similar situation or seen a red Model Y in the wild to comment on?

i agree the web site shows both the red and blue to be brighter in the model y than what we see on the street for the 3. i was driving myself nuts with trying to figure out what i would like, but just left it at white.

A bit surprised no one's thought the 'best' color in ways depends on the wheel selection you go for. Cheapo Gemini? Go for black or midnight. Induction wheels? Look pretty good all around but probably best with blue and white. Uberturbine? They look terrible with anything other than white or midnight.

the more i bring up my build in my tesla account, the more the pearl white with the black induction wheels grows on me. still gonna break up the black interior with some seat covers and wrap. and if this one lasts like we all hope, i will consider wrapping the whole car at some point to a color i really like.

i agree the web site shows both the red and blue to be brighter in the model y than what we see on the street for the 3. i was driving myself nuts with trying to figure out what i would like, but just left it at white.

Would agree, red and blue are too bright on the config tool. This is one I think we can all feel safe in guessing it's the same as Model 3...Tesla is doing everything they can to streamline production costs (and minimize choice) so no reason they're going to make any changes in the paint shop.

Would agree, red and blue are too bright on the config tool. This is one I think we can all feel safe in guessing it's the same as Model 3...Tesla is doing everything they can to streamline production costs (and minimize choice) so no reason they're going to make any changes in the paint shop.
agree on minimizing changes and streamlining. my wheels have changed twice but i'm just figuring they are moving units with what they have the most of and what options people pre-ordered the most.

Ordered the Tesla Y in white with black turbine wheels last year, waiting for delivery soon. Still think it looks great. But I am having second thoughts - I really like the look of metallic blue with white interior. BUT the images online are so misleading - the actually blue color I see on other Tesla cars like the 3 or X is do dull, so different from what they show online. What do people think about Tesla blue? Would it help it "pop" if I applied something like the Ceramic Pro? Does anybody have any experience with Ceramic Pro and how the color (any color) changes if at all? If not, I'll stick to white.