Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Where do you do most of your local charging?

What is your primary source of local charging? (Current Model S owners only, please.)

• Home

Votes: 135 86.0%
  • Outlet or EVSE other than at home

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Supercharger, because I can not charge at home

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Supercharger, because I want to even though I could charge at home

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm only on my second week as an owner and will be charging exclusively at the 20+ mile away SC until my carport with solar panels on top is finished. Since I bought a Tesla at all there is no possible way I could be "uncool". Charging it from my own solar panels will of course make me SuperCool.

Please comment in those threads if you want to continue the discussion and keep this thread for the poll.

Except that the poll itself is commentary on those discussions. Biased, at that. Bad show, sir.

In any case, your poll suggests that local supercharging use isn't a problem. I suggest your next poll attempt to quantify the difference between local supercharging use and local supercharger abuse. That will get you a bit closer to the crux.

I've never had to charge away from home except on trips. The only reasons I can think of for me to charge locally would be a power outage or some very unusual circumstance.

Owner for just a few days and I just plan on charging at home. I use 110v now but going to get a 14-50 installed soon. I only drive 10-20 miles a day. Unless I go on a road trip, I won't be using any EV charging locally including the supercharger locations.

Have been fortunate to work for a company that provides access to Chargepoint 30A chargers, and I try to make use of that resource about once a week to replenish my commute miles (assuming I can find one without a Leaf attached to it, which usually means waiting until late in the day.) So for me it's a split between charging at home and charging at work. The ratio changes every week, depending on the latter's availability.

Home

IMG_2867.jpg