Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: which 1/2 price options did you get and why?

Did you buy any of the half price AP upgrades?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having not purchased EAP originally, I took advantage of the $2k AP offer. I understand those who got EAP not wanting to pay $2k for nothing right now, but for those of us who have the new 'reduced' AP, there are some extras you get by buying FSD now, such as automatic lane changes, Navigate on AP, parking assist, summon (whoever uses that).

Wasn't planning on shelling out the $3k now, but given the prices are apparently going back up, I'm in the position where I need to bite the bullet. I kind of want those extras, although those alone aren't worth $3k. I guess the question is, do I want the equivalent of EAP for $5k now? Still undecided. I honestly don't think FSD will go down in price again, especially as they actually start introducing more of the FSD feature such as street driving. Wondering what everyone else is going to do.

I know Elon just said they're going back to their original higher prices but I think that's a mistake. In my opinion they were always too high and I think the anecdotal proof of that is the plethora of people who decided to purchase AP or FSD this week. Honestly the way AP is billed now I'd happily pay $1k for it but since the price is going back up to $4k I'll bite the bullet and buy it now. I wonder since the prices are going back up if they are going to shuffle what's included in AP vs EAP again.

I know Elon just said they're going back to their original higher prices but I think that's a mistake. In my opinion they were always too high and I think the anecdotal proof of that is the plethora of people who decided to purchase AP or FSD this week. Honestly the way AP is billed now I'd happily pay $1k for it but since the price is going back up to $4k I'll bite the bullet and buy it now. I wonder since the prices are going back up if they are going to shuffle what's included in AP vs EAP again.

They really should leave AP at $2K or $3K for existing owners.

That feature didn't exist when people bought the car (prior to March 1st) so they couldn't have gotten the feature.

Most people can't simply summons $2K out of thin air for a special non-advertised two week sale.

I don't think they'll do the shuffle again as EAP was removed to give FSD room to grow (with HW3 that the EAP owners won't get).

Reactions: streetskooler
I'm still very undecided, keep trying to weight the pros and cons and getting nowhere. If they still offered EAP without FSD for say $4k total, I'd jump on it. I want to get the full upgrade, but I guess I'm looking for good reasons why I should get the FSD (with old EAP options) now so I can feel justified by the purchase.