Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Which financing are you taking? Tesla/Wells Fargo, Another Bank, Credit Union,

Which Financing Are You Taking ?

• Tesla/Wells Fargo

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • Another Bank

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Credit Union

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • No Finance , Cash Purchase

Votes: 35 26.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that it might make sense in some fringe cases (if in fact your money can earn enough for you to offset the interest), but my family has always believed in paying cash for cars. I don't get the idea of paying more over time. Either you can afford the car, or you can't.

I get that it might make sense in some fringe cases (if in fact your money can earn enough for you to offset the interest), but my family has always believed in paying cash for cars. I don't get the idea of paying more over time. Either you can afford the car, or you can't.

With money at 1.49% I can do better with the $80k by investing. From my perspective, makes no sense to pay cash even if you can afford to do so.

PenFed CU still offers 1.79% for up to 60 months. I thought of financing more but just didnt want a ridiculous payment so put 1/2 down to get the numbers realistic. I think I can earn more than that in my investments but again just cannot justify a huge car payment.

Tesla / Wells Fargo financed me at 1.99% for 30 K. I think a total of 1952.00 extra over 60 payments. Prepay anytime with no penalty - but resale guarantee in place. Pretty good stuff overall I think.

I haven't financed a car in a very long time, and was going to pay cash, but when I Learned that USAA would give me an auto loan at 1.49%, and PenFed was offering CDs at 1.85%, the temptation was too great.

Dollar wise (not percentage), the loan interest decreases and the CD compounded interest increases.

I just got approved for 1.49% for a loan term of 72 months through Alliant credit union. They offer 100% financing. I can put more money down and do a shorter term, but at 1.49% it doesn't make much financial sense. Why not hold on to your money and invest it. After the way banks have treated customers and the American taxpayer, I don't deal with them unless I absolutely have to. I give my money to credit unions.

Now I just need my Model S. This is going to be a long 4-6 weeks.

I just got approved for 1.49% for a loan term of 72 months through Alliant credit union. They offer 100% financing. I can put more money down and do a shorter term, but at 1.49% it doesn't make much financial sense. Why not hold on to your money and invest it. After the way banks have treated customers and the American taxpayer, I don't deal with them unless I absolutely have to. I give my money to credit unions.

Now I just need my Model S. This is going to be a long 4-6 weeks.

I just financed with Alliant as well. 100% minus the $5k deposit. Gap insurance was very cheap on a 110k loan.

I haven't financed a car in a very long time, and was going to pay cash, but when I Learned that USAA would give me an auto loan at 1.49%, and PenFed was offering CDs at 1.85%, the temptation was too great.

Dollar wise (not percentage), the loan interest decreases and the CD compounded interest increases.

Bill......Current rate at USAA is 1.99% and 1.49% if Tesla is part of the dealer network (which they are not). Can you email me how you got the 1.49%. I have all my insurance with them and just did not want to miss out on 1.49%, if possible. Thanks Al [email protected]

I am USAA member. I was quoted 1.49% only if Tesla was in their 'dealer network' (which they are not)....Any inside info you can give me on getting 1.49%. Without this delear discount their rate is 1.99% Thanks Al

- - - Updated - - -

I am USAA member. I was quoted 1.49% only if Tesla was in their 'dealer network' (which they are not)....Any inside info you can give me on getting 1.49%. Without this delear discount their rate is 1.99% Thanks Al

- - - Updated - - -

Back in Jan/Feb when PenFed was offering 1.49% auto loans, I applied and was rejected because my credit files were void of any installment loans, and our home mortgage had been paid many years ago and had been purged from my file. I had also applied and was approved for a car loan at USAA at 1.79%.

I thought the heck with it, I'll just pay cash. On a whim, I called USAA and asked if they would match the PenFed 1.49%. They did in a heartbeat.

I've been with USAA since 1955 - maybe that had something to do with it.

Back in Jan/Feb when PenFed was offering 1.49% auto loans, I applied and was rejected because my credit files were void of any installment loans, and our home mortgage had been paid many years ago and had been purged from my file. I had also applied and was approved for a car loan at USAA at 1.79%.

I thought the heck with it, I'll just pay cash. On a whim, I called USAA and asked if they would match the PenFed 1.49%. They did in a heartbeat.

Excellent...been a member since 1968....Similar situation with no mortgage/debt....I may try to press them a bit. Thanks

Being a member since 1955, that must be it. I have 1.49% from Alliant for 72 months, for that term, USAA could only do 2.75%. I've 'only' been a member since 1993. I guess for USAA 20 years is a newbie. I am using USAA for my auto insurance, great company, just which they could have matched the1.49%.

I do have to say that my (limited) conversations with Alliant so far: very good customer service. This is the one of many differences between credit unions/USAA and banks.

Being a member since 1955, that must be it. I have 1.49% from Alliant for 72 months, for that term, USAA could only do 2.75%. I've 'only' been a member since 1993. I guess for USAA 20 years is a newbie. I am using USAA for my auto insurance, great company, just which they could have matched the1.49%.

I do have to say that my (limited) conversations with Alliant so far: very good customer service. This is the one of many differences between credit unions/USAA and banks.

I dropped USAA a few years ago for auto insurance. Great customer service, but they were no longer being competitive. They told me outright that they are not competitive with high value vehicles. YMMV of course. I'm just suggesting shopping around a bit.

I have two options in front of me as of now
which one look better?

Tesla Financing by US BANK @ 2.8% for a 72 month term and finance of $78884 with Resale Value Guarantee
Financing by Alliant Credit Union @ 1.74% for a 72 month term and finance of $83240 but no resale value

Need your thoughts and input

RN544xx3 - VIN 11141 - 85kWh Model S - Blue - Air ride - 19" wheels - Tan leather - Obeche wood gloss

Reserved: 03/31/2013, sent for production : 04/21/2013 Delivery:??/??/????