Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll : Which is better - FSD Beta 10.11.x vs 10.10.x

How would you compare your experience with 10.11.x to 10.10.x ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Note : Public poll.

Consider how the two releases performed on your routes. Which release did you like better ?

Result from the last poll below.

1649463153009.png

It's really hard to compare. for me, 11.2 is better in many ways but significantly worse in a others. Most notably it's propensity to veer into turn lanes. There are times it makes it almost unusable for me, then other times it does really well.

The good news is It seems like the lane issue *should* be relatively easy for them to address. If they do that then it's very good.

Reactions: aronth5
It's really hard to compare. for me, 11.2 is better in many ways but significantly worse in a others. Most notably it's propensity to veer into turn lanes. There are times it makes it almost unusable for me, then other times it does really well.

The good news is It seems like the lane issue *should* be relatively easy for them to address. If they do that then it's very good.

Yeah I'm giving them a pass on the lane issue for now, given they just started doing the vectorized lanes. Regression here is almost expected, but perhaps we're at the beginning of a new log curve (as Musk put it in his recent gigatexas TED interview).

Reactions: sleepydoc
Yeah I'm giving them a pass on the lane issue for now, given they just started doing the vectorized lanes. Regression here is almost expected, but perhaps we're at the beginning of a new log curve (as Musk put it in his recent gigatexas TED interview).
Agreed - I feel the same. I’m also expecting significant regression with FSD 11 (not 10.11 but 11.0) as they’re supposedly doing a significant rewrite of the code and combining the FSD and NOA stacks. A little frustrating but it’s an expected and unavoidable part of the process. Overall we’re still seeing incremental but steady progress, though, so I feel like there’s good reason to be optimistic.

It’s hard to vote for overall because some things got better and others got worse. Voted for similar.
Me too but it is strangely messing up on some turns and some intersections that were fine before. But it is now acing some intersections it never worked on before. Also overall much smother but often more hesitant AFTER it is committed. So while overall it may be rated "similar" I find this update a lot different than all the other updates, just NOT better. Quite an enigma of an update to me.

Reactions: sleepydoc
I'm waiting for them to resolve a couple of old problems: phantom braking, lane pinballing, and switching lanes mid intersection. New problems would be taking random right turning lanes at full speed when GPS is indicating to keep going straight.