Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll : Which is better - FSD Beta 10.8 vs 10.6.1 / 10.5

How would you compare your experience with 10.8 to 10.6.1 / 10.5 ?

• 10.5 was slightly better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10.6.1 was much better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Note : Public poll.

Consider how the two releases performed on your routes. Which release did you like better ?

I've added comparison to both 10.6.1 and 10.5 in this poll, since a significant % of people are coming from 10.5.

Result from the last poll below. Low participation because of 10.6/10.6.1 confusion.

1640553573738.png

That would be similar ;)
Actually I have found some improvements in areas and regressions in other areas. So it is very different than 10.5 to me and not sure if an overall improvement or just what.:eek: But I know that is getting too nuance for a poll and was just being facetious.:) Need some more seat time before I vote anyway.

Actually I have found some improvements in areas and regressions in other areas. So it is very different than 10.5 to me and not sure if an overall improvement or just what.:eek: But I know that is getting too nuance for a poll and was just being facetious.:) Need some more seat time before I vote anyway.
I think most releases will have some improvements and some regressions. So, it will be a question of which ones dominate.

I need more driving but not many improvements yet for me … once the snow melts, I’ll venture out.

I don't have much time or many miles on 10.8.

Some quick comments--
  • I haven't had it brake on me when vehicles are merging from the right on freeways and surface streets. That was super annoying and could cause an accident (side swiping & rear ended) vs avoiding.
  • Driver's set speed still isn't prioritized and FSDbeta will happily cruise at 50mph when I have it set to 15.

I don't have much time or many miles on 10.8.

Some quick comments--
  • I haven't had it brake on me when vehicles are merging from the right on freeways and surface streets. That was super annoying and could cause an accident (side swiping & rear ended) vs avoiding.
  • Driver's set speed still isn't prioritized and FSDbeta will happily cruise at 50mph when I have it set to 15.
that lack of urgency for speed limit changes has been an issue for me since 10.5 as well. It seems to take well over a mile to slow down.
Even worse when its from 65 (therefore AP stack) down to 40(FSD stack)
I always have to disengage because cops around here take a dim view of folks driving through their towns doing almost double the speed limit.
It would help if FSD/AP would read the 40mph ahead signs

that lack of urgency for speed limit changes has been an issue for me since 10.5 as well. It seems to take well over a mile to slow down.
Even worse when its from 65 (therefore AP stack) down to 40(FSD stack)
I always have to disengage because cops around here take a dim view of folks driving through their towns doing almost double the speed limit.
It would help if FSD/AP would read the 40mph ahead signs
This seems to be a regression, right ? I don't remember this happening with 10.1 etc.

Reactions: Twiglett