Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Which Model 3 Color Will You Choose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time for that difficult decision – which color? It seems the “Standard” Model 3 will come in black, while five additional colors are available as $1,000 options.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-29-at-9.43.23-AM.png
Standard Black

Screen-Shot-2017-07-29-at-9.31.01-AM.png
Deep Blue Metallic

Screen-Shot-2017-07-29-at-9.46.13-AM.png
Pearl White Multi-Coat

Screen-Shot-2017-07-29-at-9.49.03-AM.png
Midnight Silver Metallic

3_s.jpg
Silver Metallic

model-3-red-overhead.png
Red Multi-Coat

Last edited by a moderator:
My decision to buy came after seeing the red car with black rims. But I must say, the blue looks really nice. On the other hand, I've been wanting a green car for a long time. Maybe I could get black + a custom paint job? I have no idea how much it costs to have a car painted.

RED! All the way red! Everyone griping about paint choices, and I'm here smiling because I actually thought it would be $500 more than it is (as per the Model S).
I took a look at the color price list. $1000 is just too high. I paid $595 for a pearl tricoat on a truck twice the size. All other colors are $0.00. Why is Tesla red or silver $1000 more than ford or Chevy red or silver?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
The color "choice" really isn't a choice at all. It's more like we are being forced to give up $1000 to avoid basic black on the car. Given that, my only 2 viable options are silver metallic and pearl white, and I'm not crazy about either one. A basic white would have been fine with me. I'll have to see them in person.

Reactions: kenbefound
I was going with blue for months, especially after seeing some of the photos of this gorgeous color in the RCs. In the end, the practical side of me won out when I considered how much effort I would have to expend to keep the blue clear and shiny. Likewise with the basic black (even though it would have saved me $1,000). So, I'm going with the Metallic Silver instead.

Reactions: tony b and Thinkje
I've owned a white, blue, silver, black, and now charcoal gray car. Hands down, I want another silver ride (it just always had the appearance of looking clean). Silver Metallic for me. It's so sleek, elegant, especially with the 19" wheels and a light tint on the windows. Midnight Silver would be #2.