Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Who is ordering P100DL?

Who is ordering P100DL (either Model S or X)?

• Yup, definitely ordering one.

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Seriously considering

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • Not sure/ neutral

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • No, I will wait for the non-performance 100D instead

Votes: 69 27.1%
  • No, I will save my money for Model 3 Ludicrous

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • No, definitely not! Total waste of money

Votes: 64 25.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking about waiting for the non p version, but then I remembered that the autonomy of 90d is enough for me. Not worth the 10k more yet.
I initially have the same thought as you do. But after looking more into the specs, that extra $10k give you 16% more range, which is a lot. The Model S non-performance 100D will have around 340 miles of EPA range. Plus, 100D give you faster supercharging speed and better cooling. It highly likely has AP 2.0 as well. Well worth the $10k difference.

Very happy with my P85D. Little to no benefit of the extra battery (assuming we get a supercharger somewhere between Nashville & Birmingham). We've not had difficulties going wherever we need nor of finding charging except around North Alabama.

The extra performance would be fun but not worth the money.

AP 2.0 will very likely result in an upgrade though. Didn't see a poll option for this.

As a P90DL owner of six months, and a person desirous to maintain marital bliss, any discussion of switching to a P100DL would be certainly problematic. I am not venturing out on that path. Totally happy with my P90DL, it is TERRIFYING enough.

Note, your pole answer choices do not accommodate my situation. Such as,

NO, I have a P85DL/P90DL and am VERY HAPPY with it.

Oops I see that ggnykk has posted something similar.... I am too lazy to fix it....

As a P90DL owner of six months, and a person desirous to maintain marital bliss, any discussion of switching to a P100DL would be certainly problematic. I am not venturing out on that path. Totally happy with my P90DL, it is TERRIFYING enough.

Note, your pole answer choices do not accommodate my situation. Such as,

NO, I have a P85DL/P90DL and am VERY HAPPY with it.

Oops I see that ggnykk has posted something similar.... I am too lazy to fix it....
I want to fix it and looked into it. The "edit" button on the poll went away already, and doesn't allow me to edit the selection. When I first setup the poll, and it only has a few votes, it still has that "edit" option, but not now.

80, 80D, P80D, 90, 90D, P90D, P100D. Model S, Model X, or hold out for the Model 3
Decisions, decisions.

You may think that Insane / Ludicrous / (and eventually, Maximum Plaid) modes are silly, until you get to actually experience them.
Its amazing what a few seconds will do to you.
So you start thinking about folding it into the price.
And then, you have to argue with yourself to reach that tipping point between a price you "were" comfortable with, and an increase you are trying to justify.

-- Ardie
Or maybe you'll wait a bit longer for that P125D.

There will always be something better around the corner. In a year we'll have brand new pack designs around the 21700 cells and hopefully even better performance. However, I wonder if the larger cells have more internal resistance and while it increases energy density, it decreases performance. But I that's a whole 'nother topic.

I'm not willing to risk or bet that the AP 1.0 can be upgraded to AP 2.0 hardware, which is what i really want. It may have been on the roadmaps when mobileye was the vendor of choice. Now that they are out, plans and upgrades were thrown out the window.

At some point the motors are going to need to be revisited with this extra power, yet another revision and who know what new levels of performance they will bring.

The 100KW pack is compelling. My P85 pack based on wk057's research and my own experience as well, is an 81kw pack (77kw usable) and I bet the 90 is more like a 86kw pack and the 100 is going to be actually close to 100. This is why the mileage jump from 75-90 is so small and why the jump fro 90-100 is so large and worth the extra $10k IMHO.

Reactions: flashflood
There will always be something better around the corner. In a year we'll have brand new pack designs around the 21700 cells and hopefully even better performance. However, I wonder if the larger cells have more internal resistance and while it increases energy density, it decreases performance. But I that's a whole 'nother topic.

I'm not willing to risk or bet that the AP 1.0 can be upgraded to AP 2.0 hardware, which is what i really want. It may have been on the roadmaps when mobileye was the vendor of choice. Now that they are out, plans and upgrades were thrown out the window.

At some point the motors are going to need to be revisited with this extra power, yet another revision and who know what new levels of performance they will bring.

The 100KW pack is compelling. My P85 pack based on wk057's research and my own experience as well, is an 81kw pack (77kw usable) and I bet the 90 is more like a 86kw pack and the 100 is going to be actually close to 100. This is why the mileage jump from 75-90 is so small and why the jump fro 90-100 is so large and worth the extra $10k IMHO.
Yup I agree, there is always something new around the corner every year. The $10k extra to upgrade from 90 to 100 kwh is well worth the price.