Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Who paid the highest MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With crazy MY prices fluctuate, I feel all your pain. Who paid over 65K or 70K for MY. I do think Tesla faces a lot of competition, also the wave of EV adaptors are gone, they all bought their EVs. Now, only regular people just want a car to drive to work, that's why Tesla has demand issue, lower the price 13K

2022 MYP, white interior, tow hitch purchased in march, out the door with FSD as well i was at 79k. i dont mind the updated prices glad it will help others after it all with the price increase of FSD and compared to new price i lost 4k, is what it is but i also have a super insanely low interest rate which offsets the 4k as well so i basically broke even

MYP - white/white + FSD 67,2k delivered September 2021 ( not a demo vehicle, the reservation was made in 2019 during the MY announcement)
Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 12.10.05 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I thought I'd done well, getting a Y on December 31st with the $7.5K off, and 2 years of supercharging. Now I could have got it considerably cheaper. Still - I was happy with the deal at the time, so can't be too unhappy.

To me - this shows how powerful the government can be. EVs were expensive, and unlikely to replace gas powered cars for decades. So the IRS purposely set the tax break $ value lower than the popular models. It worked. Tesla cut prices, and others will have to follow if they want to continue to sell.

A good day for the environment and the future, even if I lost a chunk of $ on the resale of my new Y.

I thought I'd done well, getting a Y on December 31st with the $7.5K off, and 2 years of supercharging. Now I could have got it considerably cheaper. Still - I was happy with the deal at the time, so can't be too unhappy.

To me - this shows how powerful the government can be. EVs were expensive, and unlikely to replace gas powered cars for decades. So the IRS purposely set the tax break $ value lower than the popular models. It worked. Tesla cut prices, and others will have to follow if they want to continue to sell.

A good day for the environment and the future, even if I lost a chunk of $ on the resale of my new Y.
I don't think you get to be a part of this cool, exclusive club of "Who paid the highest MY" with those incentives, lol.

• Funny
light auto sales in 2019 in the US was 19m and dropped to 13m+ in 2022 but EV sales up 5% in 2022. Price cut or price normalized it's just the nature of life-Zoom out! Hence, this latest price cut is the final nails in the coffin of legacy autos. The Fed EV tax credit will last till 2032-Tesla has over 10 years to play the game!

• Informative

Same here man. I never do YOLO buys but I've wanted a Tesla since the Model 3 was announced. I figured well I don't qualify for EV Tax Credit anyways so this is a sign. Live a little. Also took delivery on 12/31 and was happy. Still happy. I was expecting price drops but not of this manner. I'm just glad I don't qualify for EV Tax Credit otherwise this would be a $13K delta.

My config was $67,990 but I paid $60,490. Same config is now $54,990. Since the $7500 came off the top of the price I also saved $500ish in sales tax. With the $1700ish for SC miles I'm out less than $3K so I'll consider that a win. Definitely wish I had waited though. Oh well.

With crazy MY prices fluctuate, I feel all your pain. Who paid over 65K or 70K for MY. I do think Tesla faces a lot of competition, also the wave of EV adaptors are gone, they all bought their EVs. Now, only regular people just want a car to drive to work, that's why Tesla has demand issue, lower the price 13K
This false advertising is worse than the price increase! There's no poll here. I want to vote!

Talked a friend out of getting a fully spaced out MY during the summer, I think the estimated total came out something like $100,500 including destination, tax, and registration. MYLR 7 seater Red/White/20"/Tow/FSD/Wall+Mobile connector. This doesn't even include Acceleration Boost.

Yes for sure cars are not investments except for maybe some very expensive collector cars. Paid a bit over 90K.......yes 90K for my Tesla MYP out the door with all the California taxes. MYP+white interior+tow hitch+FSD. Without taxes it was 83,440. I am going to keep it long term so by the time I want to sell or trade it the resale will be very low no matter how much I paid for it new. Kind of like our 2013 Lexus RX450h. Still in good shape but not much trade-in value even though the car's utility value to us is still pretty high.