Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Who's read the manual?

Poll: Who's read the manual?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish they'd just deliver an offline version of the manual as necessary with each software update. I'd always assumed they were doing that, but then I noticed that my manual would also be unavailable whenever my browser wasn't working (screen reboot sometimes helps). So it seems like they are downloading pages of the manual with the browser on demand, but I'm not totally certain about that.

I have rebooted my MCU numerous times to fix other issues, but unfortunately it has never once fixed the manual showing up. The service center had no answers.

Not sure if they are related or not, but I was playing with the browser yesterday. When I opened it, it was just a blank white window. I typed in a url, and it didn't come up. But I hit the x, and then refresh, refresh, refresh and it magically displayed, and then worked the rest of the day. Didn't think to look at the manual though.

Not sure if they are related or not, but I was playing with the browser yesterday. When I opened it, it was just a blank white window. I typed in a url, and it didn't come up. But I hit the x, and then refresh, refresh, refresh and it magically displayed, and then worked the rest of the day. Didn't think to look at the manual though.

I've tried just about everything. I've hit refresh a million times but it won't fix the browser. The only time I can get it to work, when it's not working, is to do a reboot of the MCU. Then it works until the next time I get in my car and I have to do the same thing if I want to use it.

For all products, I tend not to look at the instructions or manual by default. I look at the package contents first to see if it's intuitive to me how to use/assemble it.

There were a few times I tried to use the manual from the car, but I was dismayed to find that there was no search capability (maybe there is now? but I haven't checked the manual in a while). That's the best advantage of an electronic manual - the ability to search. Yes, I know there's a PDF version, and I have it. But haven't really needed to use it.

I'm shocked at the number of people who actually stated they read it front and back.

I don't think I've even touched my actual manual book. I only see it when I'm showing people how my electronic glovebox works.

I went through some of the sections on the screen though and read about not closing the frunk by pushing on the middle as it could risk bending the hood so perhaps I should read the rest in case there's any other potential risks of damage.

I flipped through a lot of manual, but mostly look at it specifically for something I want to know. Not a full front to back...especially as I didn't get the EAP. I caved to some luddite tendencies and had a pdf to print done and have a copy to stick in my bathroom for light reading.