Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Will FSD Beta be released to everyone in North America this year and still be so at the end of the year?

Will FSD Beta be released to everyone in N.A. this year and still be so at the end of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool! Good that Tesla understands what wide release means! Now they just have to get rid of the request.

My 2018 Model 3P got this update on new years eve (12/31/2022). I have never ( and actually would have never) "requested the beta" at all, and I definitely do not have 100 miles driven on FSD. I probably dont have 100 miles driven on FSD for the life of this vehicle, and it currently has around 39k miles.

I have only used NOA a few times over the years, and I only use TACC when in traffic on the freeway and it becomes slow enough to become stop and go. I decided early on that I actually really (really) enjoy driving this car, so I do things like take back roads on my commute, etc.

What I mean is, although my car has FSD, I never use it, and I can categorically say 1000000% I never (ever, ever) pushed the "beta button", was not interested in the slightest in driving with safety scores, and have the cabin camera data sharing feature set to "no", yet my car downloaded this update on 12/31 anyway.

So, sounds like no request is needed to me, since as I said, I absolutely did not make one, am 1000000% sure of that fact, and never would have made one.

Last edited:
My 2018 Model 3P got this update on new years eve (12/31/2022). I have never ( and actually would have never) "requested the beta" at all, and I definitely do not have 100 miles driven on FSD. I probably dont have 100 miles driven on FSD for the life of this vehicle, and it currently has around 39k miles.

I have only used NOA a few times over the years, and I only use TACC when in traffic on the freeway and it becomes slow enough to become stop and go.

What I mean is, although my car has FSD, I never use it, and I can categorically say 1000000% I never (ever, ever) pushed the "beta button", was not interested in the slightest in driving with safety scores, and have the cabin camera data sharing feature set to "no", yet my car downloaded this update on 12/31 anyway.

So, sounds like no request is needed to me, since as I said, I absolutely did not make one, am 1000000% sure of that fact, and never would have made one.
Yep, it seems well established that they removed the request requirement. Once this goes to everyone with required hardware then it will be in wide release as far as I am concerned (they also got rid of permanent strikeout too which was required). No request, no permanent strikeout, production branch release (or at least effectively so for FSD owners even if non-FSD owners are getting a different build - not sure about that but doesn’t matter).

However, the rollout did not go out to all vehicles by the end of the year, and of course some owners already on FSD beta had had their privileges removed due to strike out (and did not get software update…which apparently doesn’t reset anyway or maybe they are not rolling it to people already with FSDb - I don’t pay attention to the TeslaFi details).

So close, but not quite. Within a couple weeks, probably! The wisdom of crowds!

Last edited:
None of those are requirements for "release to everyone".
If you don’t have access to it then it is not released to you (“still be so” clause).

In any case it wasn’t released to everyone, as TeslaFi shows. (If numbers of “from” a non-FSD release increase today, then that means the No’s definitely have it (don’t think anyone would debate that as it is not definitional). Since that means it wasn’t released to some valid users last year.)

Soon though, it seems, except for people with invalid hardware.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Right. Other things don't matter.

Ofcourse I expect some edge cases where people don't have it. I mean Windows 11 is released to everyone - but I can't update to it, even though I have fairly new MoBo and CPU/GPU !
I don’t view hardware restrictions as indicating not wide release. It sucks for those people but they are very much a minority. It’ll be the rest of us soon enough though.

Looks like the “No” is the correct answer!

How so ?

Your take directly contradicts ER.

Zack said just now, a minority of revenue has not been released and reserved for future software updates, like I was saying.

Ok. I guess they have already realized over $1B (~$320million in Q4), with $1B (the minority) remaining. 25% of outstanding was released in Q4. That is fine. Not that relevant here anyway if it is not all.

This all makes sense with what they said on the call. A huge amount of FSD revenue left! (Though a minority.) What’ll be really interesting is how much of that $1B ends up spilling to Q1 - guess we’ll know in three months.

How so ?

Your take directly contradicts ER.

The poll was “everyone [eligible] in NA.”

100% consistent. Not complicated! It’s not a “take.” There is only one correct answer here!

Last edited:
Dude - why don't you understand that $1B is NOT related to FSDb wide release. I've already explained this multiple times.

$324 million of $1.324B was recognized due to FSD Beta release in Q4.

You are making a big leap by assuming that none of the remaining $1B will be attributed to release of FSD Beta to more customers than were counted in Q4. Guess we have to wait three more months and then read the tea leaves (it still won’t be clear of course).

“ This pertains to wide release of FSD Beta in the US and Canada during the period. Additionally, we expect to recognize nearly $1 billion of deferred revenue that remains for such customers over time as software updates are delivered.”