Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Will reservation numbers be announced at the reveal 3/31/2016

Will reservation numbers be announced at the reveal 3/31/2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the number is over 100,000, they'd be crazy not to announce it. Under 25K, not sure. Based on the lines in Raleigh, I think it may be pretty good news. They may also wait to see how the online ordering goes and announce toward the end of the presentation. Of course a live counter on the stage would be a nice touch.

Reactions: neroden
I think they will announce a general number no matter what it is because its all people who haven't even seen the car yet. Its a great PR line at the announcement. "X number of people have such confidence in Tesla Motors for the Model 3 that they reserved sight unseen!" or something like that.

OK, I think it'll go one of three ways:
(1) Low number, under 100K -- they won't announce anything.
(2) Over 100K but within anticipated 2017/2018 production numbers -- they'll announce something vague like "Over 100000 people have already reserved the car sight unseen"
(3) Really huge numbers -- they'll announce "We are floored by the amazingly large number of reservations, over XXXX, more than we were originally intending to produce by the end of 2018. In order to make sure more of you can get the car by 2018, we are going to accelerate our plan to build factories in Europe and China and we will expand Gigafactory 1 faster. You'll hear more about this in the coming weeks."

Reactions: BriansTesla