TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Poll: Will the end of the Referral Program create a demand spike?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Cattledog, Oct 25, 2015.

Tags:
?

Do you think the end of the Referral Program will create a demand spike for Model S?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2015.
  1. Yes - A large one

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Yes - A moderate one

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. No - Orders will stay about the same

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  4. No - Orders will decrease

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

When Tesla announced a price increase at the end of 2012 (or 2013, don't recall) it created a demand spike the last few days of that year before the January 1st increase - do you think the end of the referral discounts will do the same?

2. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Not enough motivation for me to pull in order.

3. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

I can't recall if Tesla published the amount of the increase at the end of the year, I vaguely remember $2,500, but someone else can correct with a better memory - it certainly wasn't less than that. So there's certainly less financial motive this time.

4. DillyBop

DillyBop Member

won't move the needle even a little....

5. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

I wonder if the new news/rumor that Model X Sigs are delayed until next year will push some people (no those Sigs, or maybe, but mostly people sighing and wondering if the X will ever come) to order a Model S?